Titration help

[Zi...]

If you could clarify your current situation in more detail that would help us. Your last post was in 2017, when you said you were finally benzo free. I notice your signature now says "Now a rehab helped me get back on klonapine."

Are you still dosing clonazepam?

When did you begin taking this benzo?

What is your daily dosage?

Have you made any reductions to this dosage since you began?

Yes trying to switch from lorazepam to Valium to do ashtons withdrawal. So upset that at”rehab “!put me on clazapam for no reason  and I have to go a year of withdrawal. Ivshoukdvsue tgem

Hi Ziggydumb,

Thanks for sharing addition details about your situation. You mention starting clonazepam 2 1/2 months ago at 0.5mg, then lowering to 0.25mg twice a day. Then you mention that you're trying to switch from lorazepam to diazepam to follow Dr. Ashton's withdrawal approach.

Two things confuse me; maybe they're typos.

First you mention your starting dose is 0.5mg, but you say you lower to 0.25mg twice a day (which is still 0.5mg total). Maybe you actually started at 1mg, i.e. 0.5mg twice a day? If so when did you make this 50% reduction in dosage to 0.5mg/day?

Secondly, you say that now you're trying to switch from "lorazepam to Valium". Did you mean to say you're trying to switch from clonazepam to diazepam?