Benzo Taper please help Dalmane - Klonopin

[Fa...]

Dear thanks,

does it not matter if I suddenly take it in the evening? Since I always took the half in the morning. According to the doctor I should take 1/2 and 1/2 in the evening.

But I guess it doesn't work anymore....

Therefore, I see no solution at the moment and I am afraid that it will not stabilize...and then?

I honestly do not know what to do....

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fa...]

• [Pa...]

• [Qu...]

• [sl...]

Hello,

just somehow I have to go back to work. I am the 6th WEEK sick....How do you do?

I have to take care of my daughter and myself, we are alone.I have no idea what to try...I don't want to lose my job.I appreciate any advice.

I blame myself a lot.... I didn't listen to the doctor and went up to 4mg to 6mg of klonopin. He thinks with mirtazapine it will be easy to weed it out. BUT IT IS NOT EASY. I wonder if doctors even know what you are talking about!

I got lunexa from the family doctor...I haven't touched it....

Ich meinte laut Arzt eine halbe Flurazepam morgens und eine halbe abends.

Aber damals 2018 hatte ich noch das Klonopin was sich auch nicht so einfach  ersetzen lässt.

Ich bin aus Deutschland, entschuldigung, mein Englisch ist nicht so gut.

Liebe Grüße

Dear thanks,

does it not matter if I suddenly take it in the evening? Since I always took the half in the morning. According to the doctor I should take 1/2 and 1/2 in the evening.

But I guess it doesn't work anymore....

Therefore, I see no solution at the moment and I am afraid that it will not stabilize...and then?

I honestly do not know what to do....

You're afraid of everything. Never heard about splitting flurazepam in two doses. But since it has also anxiolitic properties, I can imagine your doc tried to use one benzo for your anxiety and insomnia or sort of. Or perhaps he was afraid of hangover effects n the morning.

The longer lasting metabolite of flurazepam ranges from 40 up to 100h of half life. Given that an interdose withdrawal is very unlikely. You won't pass a drug test even after 10-15dd without taking it. In my opinion interdose withdrawal with Dalmane is (almost) impossible but it is just my opinion and not a medical advice.

Try taking it before sleeping and see if it works. If you stabilize in the range 15-30mg you will be less anxious and you could decide in a better shape.

Hi Falke,

Please continue to use translator so we can communicate.

I know you're scared but making a decision and a plan will help you because indecision is very stressful.  Lets narrow this down and take it one step at a time, okay?

You say you're alone and need to care for your daughter and need to get back to work, will your doctor agree to finding a dose that you can get stable on so you can take care of your life?  It looks like this is what must happen first in order to stop the panic you're feeling now.

Once you get stable again on either the Dalmane, Klonopin or both then we can help you figure out a safe and slow taper that will hopefully allow you to function.

One question, did your doctor prescribe Lunesta or Lunexa?

Nach Englisch (US)

Good morning, thank you very much for your support.

yes by now I am scared as I have experienced a lot of withdrawal symptoms. This stuff scares me.

The doctor (addiction doc) would probably support it if he notices I'm getting better.

I just need to find a dose to be a little more stable, what is the best way to do that?..and so then it makes more sense to take Dalmane in the evening?

The Lunesta here it is called Eszopiclone I have from the family doctor as well as Promethazine and Quetiapine. But I have not used that.

Kind regards

In Germany you can find also Lormetazepam (Minias), which could be a better alternative for sleeping than Klonopine. Just beware of addiction risk. I went C/T from lormetazepam and I still regret it. Also Zolpidem could be considered. It doesn't make you sleep a lot, but it hits quickly.

Btw, you're too scared and you need to sleep.

Before mixing benzo or going from benzo to antidepressants, antipsy, etc.:

1. Try taking Dalmane 15mg just before bedtime at least for 2-3 days and eventully updose 30mg just to see if it still works - Imho better starting from 1 single drug.

2. If Dalmane alone does not work you may try to switch to a different hypnotic.

2b. Eventually at worst an hypnotic together with Dalmane better if underdosed (ex 5-7.5mg) just to avoid withdrawal and reduce cross tolerance.

Kindling is overrated. And just because benzos are bads, it doesn't mean other psy drugs are goods. If I could go back in time I won't start tapering without a decent stabilization.

Try to reduce your anxiety level even with the help of a doctor if necessary.

@Quarantine....

If the flurazepam is no longer helping you, why would you want to use it again?

Best regards

In my case it works a little at 30mg coupled with something else. And sometimes it works at 15mg + 10mg Zolpidem.

If it doesn't help me, it doesn't mean it cant't help you NOW.

I tried lots of RX drugs to taper flurazepam (trazodone, mirtazapine, quetiapine, laroxyl, pregabalin..) which stopped working after a while or needed to be updosed to keep working. It's not a good alternative. Tapering for the sake of suffering hoping in a better future isn't rational. Find an hypnotic that works or a treatment (if you have underling anxiety / depression issues) that stabilize you. Then move.

I agree that sticking with Dalmane only is a good decision, and I like Quarantadue's suggestion to start at a lower dose then move up in dose if needed.  I'm hesitant to endorse Zolpidem or Lunesta as their short half life can leave you with symptoms the next day, I experienced this when I took Zolpidem but its obvious to me that you need to find stability so you can manage your life.

I agree as well that getting stable, finding tools to help you fight your fear and anxiety before you begin a taper would be your best option right now. 

Please read all you can about this process, the more we know the less we fear and since fear is such a huge withdrawal symptom it makes sense to counter it with knowledge.  What’s happening inside your brain

Hello dear thanks,

but only Dalmane does not work, I can not just leave out the Klonopin, unfortunately I took it again 😭

I do not know at all what goes.

Lormetazepam I do not know and do not know if the doctor would write it down for me.

What is C/T and Antilepsi?

Kind regards

Guten Morgen,

als ich auf 2mg Flurazepam war...war es so schlimm, da hat der Arzt mir Klonopin verschrieben und ich sollte 4-6 mg und Mirtazapin nehmen.

Ich nahm 1,5 mg funktionierte aber nicht.

Dann Dalmane 13,72mg dazu funktionierte auch nicht.

Einfach weglassen kann ich das Klonopin nicht, da ich sofort Entzugserscheinungen bekomme.

Ich denke Dalmane alleine funktioniert auch nicht.

Ich habe damals als ich nur 13,71mg Dalmane nahm abends immer einpaar Bier getrunken, sagte ich ja.

Das funktionierte....aber genau das ist wohl jetzt das Problem.

Und nun...weiß ich nicht was noch gehen soll.

Ich glaube meine Toleranz ist sehr hoch.

Einzige Chance wäre 30mg Flurazepam für einpaar Tage versuchen.

Ich hatte ja immer nur eine halbe Flurazepam. Und Klonopin so schnell es geht wieder raus. Oder?

Ein anderes Hypnotikum werde ich wohl nicht bekommen denke ich.

Hello,

when I was on 2mg Flurazepam...it was so bad, then the doctor prescribed me Klonopin and I was to take 4-6 mg and Mirtazapine.

I took 1.5mg Didn't work though.

Then Dalmane 13,72mg in addition did not work either.

I can't just drop the Klonopin because I get withdrawal symptoms right away.

I think Dalmane alone on 13.71 mg doesn't work either.

I drank a couple of beers in the evening when I took only 13,71mg Dalmane, I said yes.

That worked....but that's probably the problem now.

And now...I don't know what else to do.

I think my tolerance is very high.

Only chance would be to try 30mg Flurazepam for a couple of days.

I always had only half a Flurazepam. And Klonopin so fast it goes out again. Or?

I don't think I will get another hypnotic.

Only chance would be to try 30mg Flurazepam for a couple of days.

I always had only half a Flurazepam. And Klonopin so fast it goes out again. Or?

I don't think I will get another hypnotic.

Klonopin and Dalmane both have a long half life.

If I were you I would try Dalmane alone in the evening, given it also has an anxiolitic effect. At worst you may take Klonopin in case of withdrawal effect during the day but try to resist. Lack of sleep and lack of effect rise up your anxiety, which makes you sleep more difficult.

Have you ever tried mirtazapine as told you by your doc?

Hello,

yes mirtazapine, but that doesn't help at all.

Have you taken it before?

I will try to take Dalmane in the evening and try to reduce the Klonopin. I hope it works again.

You are making big reductions in Dalmane at 5mg don't you feel anything from that? So withdrawal symptoms?

symptoms right away.

I think Dalmane alone on 13.71 mg doesn't work either.

I drank a couple of beers in the evening when I took only 13,71mg Dalmane, I said yes.

Drinking alcohol isn't a good idea right now, it works on the same part of the brain as benzo's so you're adding to your problems.

• Popular Now

• [Lo...]