Benzo Taper please help Dalmane - Klonopin

[Fa...]

Hello,

can no one give me any advice regarding the flurazepam?

Does anyone know flurazepam?

The symptoms are getting worse. Sensations tingling in the head and face does anyone know?

Constant pounding in the head dizziness jaw neck cramped...just restlessness the feeling of going crazy anxiety depression etc.....

Love greetings

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fa...]

• [Pa...]

• [Qu...]

• [sl...]

took 3mg of Klonopin in the enzug yesterday.

I know not a good idea...what happens if I just leave it out again?

Has anyone ever taken anything in addition in withdrawal?

Any advice please.

Kind regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hello dear ones,

Does anyone know the problem that benzos no longer work?

Please advise, is there anything to at least sleep a little?

The symptoms are horrible.

Please for advice and help

Kind regards

Hello Falke,

I'm sorry you haven't received any replies, I've moved your posts to a board where I feel you'll get more responses.

First, we don't have many members who take Dalmane, are you still taking it or have you crossed over to Klonopin?  Please tell us what medications you're currently taking, how much and how often so we can help you.

Pamster

Hello Pamster,

unfortunately I tried to increase Dalmane back to half a tablet.

And the doctor told me to go back to 4mg of Klonopin.

I didn't dare to do that, I was so happy to be rid of it.

Now I made the mistake to take 1/2 = 13.71 mg Dalmane plus 1.5 mg Klonopin but nothing works and I don't know what to do.

The doctor suggested 40mg of clobazam...but can that work? I feel like nothing is working anymore. My head is tingling, my arms are burning and I can't get any rest. I am at a loss and don't know what to do.

Love Falcon

When we become dependent on and tolerant to the drug we need more to achieve the same effect, this is most likely what happened to you, this is why the drug stopped working.  Our only choice when this happens is to increase the amount or taper off of it, I feel you made the right choice in tapering however it looks like you went too fast.  A taper should be symptom based, we let our symptoms determine how quickly to go so we can remain functional.  According to your signature your taper was too rapid and in April it got intolerable.  That should have been when you paused your taper and slowed it down in order for your body to catch up to the reductions you'd already made.

Your brain is craving consistency so I worry about adding Clobazam, its half life is very short which makes tapering difficult because you then have to deal with interdose withdrawal.  I'd rather see you take either the Dalmane or Clonazepam, what do you think?

Thank you for the answer,

yes you are right, I just don't know with which dosage I should start again now and what is better now Dalmane or Klonopin.

Klonopin makes terrible symptoms and sleep is not possible with it.

I have been doing everything wrong. Is there anything I can do to save it?

I don't know. I am angry and sad that I took Klonopin again. I am scared.

With kind regards

Please don't beat yourself up about the choices you've made, this whole tapering process is one giant experiment with you as the subject and we don't have a clear roadmap on how to do this because we're all so different.  We'll figure this out so try not to worry because worry causes stress and stress increases symptoms.

You have two choices at the moment, stay on the Dalmane and Klonopin and slowly taper one then the other or make the switch to just one, I feel the Dalmane would be the best drug to end up on for the last of your taper because of it's longer half life. 

You might consider going up in dose just a bit in order to get stable, you've had a rough time and its best to begin a taper from a position of stability.  Being stable doesn't necessarily mean feeling good, for us it means functional, able to carry out your daily tasks.

Hello Pamster,

Can it stabilize despite tolerance?

I do not know....

Dalmane doesn't work anymore and neither does Klonopin.

How can I manage this?

Kind regards

What most people don't understand is that while a clinic can safely remove the drug from your body, the changes the drugs made to your brain take a long time to repair.  Most rehab centers will withdraw you in a matter of days or weeks then send you home to suffer through the worst of your symptoms which will mostly likely last for months.  Most members we've had who have gone to a clinic for withdrawal reinstate then do a slow taper which helps them be functional.  This is so sad because all of the money spent and pain endured in this process is all for nothing.

I'm sorry you're being pressured by your family, not many people understand this needs to be done slowly so your brain can make the necessary repairs as you remove the drug, doing it too quickly simply increases the pain but doesn't promote healing, that takes time.

I know the drugs aren't working for you anymore and if you don't feel an increase would help then the only thing to do is press on with a slow taper because the only way out of this is through, I know that's difficult to accept.

Thank you very much Pamster,

how do you do it with the sleep?

Can you all still sleep? Or is there something that helps at least for that

Love greetings

Sleep is a challenge for most of us, I suggest you read what this member writes, he's been through a rough time and is very helpful in regards to what helps and what doesn't. 

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=235100.0

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=235225.0

Some members will reach for supplements or other medications which come with risks because we don't react like we normally do to other substances while going through this.  You can look at posts on this board to see what they have to say about using supplements. Alternative Therapies & Supplements

I've read fairly good things about using tryptophan, chamomile, Benadryl and l theanine.

Hi mate,

I took flurazepam (dalmane) for over 15y.

I slowly tapered but likely I'm going to reinstate because in the meanwhile I found no alternative rx drug tolerable for sleeping (tried trazodone, mirtazapine, quetiapine, etc.).

Dalmane has a very long half life, more than diazepam. As long as it works it's a quite effective hypnotic. Diazepam doesn't work so much against insomnia.

Let me first say you that 15-30mg is still a "therapeutic" dosage. Even if in theory it's intended for short term use.

So you're still have room to updose, find a suitable dosage and then try to taper before considering a rehab.

Good morning,

Thank you very much.

How does it make the most sense?

First take out the Klonopin? And then Dalmane?

Or switch everything to Dalmane?

Or switch everything to Klonopin?

How long should I keep the dose?

Sleeping is not possible with both at the moment.

I think then I would have to drink alcohol in the evening, which I unfortunately did when I only had Dalmane. Not huge amounts, but eipaar beer to be honest. But I could sleep then and also in the morning to work. My tolerance I have probably caused with it I think. And then Dalmane reduced too quickly.

At some point it stopped working.

Love

Thank you quarantine,

from which company do you have Dalmane?

I always had Flurazepam real, but that is not available and now have Dalmadom from Med Pharma.

Only it doesn't get me to sleep anymore. I don't know why...or does it take a while for the level to build up?

You would say I should try more? Split it between morning and night? Or how do you do it? Is it still working for you?

Love greetings

Brand name: Mylan - Dalmadorm

In my country it is sold in 15 mg or 30 mg tablets.

If you wanna tapering a compounding pharmacy may be helpful. I found one which can prepare 5mg tablets.

I'm just saying you're not taking a "toxic" dosage. When I say toxic i mean n times the prescribed short term dosage.

Basically speaking: you're dosage is relatively low, your use is chronic. Chronic use makes you tolerant.

If I'm not wrong Dalmane should be taken in the eveninig better one hour before bedtime. Taking in the morning makes no sense, expecially if you drive or you need to be concentrated at work. DO NOT mix benzo and alchool. That's a recipe for disaster.

Taken alone at 15mg is not working anymore for me.

Let me says some things about Dalmadorm:

- in my experience as long as it works it's nice, it has few side effects moslty due to the fact that jumping from 15mg to 30mg is a +100%; it's one of the few sleeping tablet that could make you fall asleep for 7-8h in a row.

- it has a long half life and some anxiolitic properties during the day

- it is quite hard to discontinue expecially if you start from a level where it doesn't work anymore.

- it is quite difficult to find a proper equivalence, I mean switching from Dalmane to diazepam or klonopine. If you're taking Dalmane for sleeping diazepam or klonopine likely they won't give you the same effect.

- In my experience you can give it a try, I mean updose for a couple of day and then going back just to see the difference.

Are you taking other rx drugs? Is it insomnia your only issue?

Hello,

I always took them in the morning, why I do not know.

15mg also no longer works for them, what works for you?

Have you found something?

No I do not take any RX drug so far.

Do you have any withdrawal symptoms? Like dizziness restlessness etc....

You mean I could try 30mg for a few days and then go back to 15mg without any problems?

Kind regards

I'm not a doctor but taking an hypnotic in the morning makes no sense to me.

Likely jumping from 15mg to 30mg will make you feel a little bit sleepy the day after.

Btw before jumping, try taking 15mg BEFORE bedtime and try to find a compounding pharmacy.

Try to relax or distract yourself. Dalmane doesn't hit hard like Zolpidem or Z-Drugs. But it could give you a bounch of hours (as long as it works..) due to its very long half life.

Hard insomnia gave me tinnitus, is which quite difficult to heal. Better to find a suitable starting level before tapering.