Where's the insomnia buddies? no action on the threads.

[He...]

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [He...]

• [Ac...]

• [sa...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

gonna sound like a broken record, but yal really gotta try Bach Rescue Sleep (bach remedy), its a homeopathic mix of 5 flowers, I've used it about 5-6 times now, one night i took 2 of them because now I'm also dealing with a bad fungus itch that wakes me up and so to really knock me out i take that and the melatonin, 2mg will really knock me out but bad headaches next day due to light sensitivity so i prefer to take 1mg or less if i can...

plus sunlight during day, if you can work it into your schedule...

I get sun every day. And I’ve tried Bach sleep. Glad it worked for u but really I’d rather have my $30 back.

gonna sound like a broken record, but yal really gotta try Bach Rescue Sleep (bach remedy), its a homeopathic mix of 5 flowers, I've used it about 5-6 times now, one night i took 2 of them because now I'm also dealing with a bad fungus itch that wakes me up and so to really knock me out i take that and the melatonin, 2mg will really knock me out but bad headaches next day due to light sensitivity so i prefer to take 1mg or less if i can...

I checked out Bach Rescue Sleep and there’s a few choices, which one did you settle on for our specific issues of Benzo W/D? Have you tried more then one? Thanks in advance.

Hello insomnia buddies,

I slept around 6 hours last night but I am still really tired and I have extreme morning anxiety. I am holding my dose an extra week (or more) to see if I can stabilize and feel better with less anxiety.

HM

Glad you got 6, HM, even though it's coming with anxiety.  Hope the stabilization helps!

Thanks AD :)

I filled a Rx for Vistaril today too and that seems to help a little with anxiety too. It made me tired, though, but not tired enough to sleep so I just laid down for an hour and a half and rested peacefully. I hope it helps me sleep tonight! Since I know it helps with anxiety and makes me tired.

HM

I checked out Bach Rescue Sleep and there’s a few choices, which one did you settle on for our specific issues of Benzo W/D? Have you tried more then one? Thanks in advance.

https://www.amazon.com/Bach-Rescue-Natural-Capsules-Sleeping/dp/B004151F8Q/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=bach+remedy&qid=1631759115&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExMURWOE5MOTNKQTVFJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjU3NTgzM1JVQlZFUkZXSEdJNSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMjQ3MDc4M0FDMklOREtaVUtaMiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU= this is the one i bought, the gel capsules... so tasty... but i also wasnt taking them alone, melatonin/chamomile/ and then bach is like the emergency button

my ex-step mother who JUMPED off, literally 2mg of klonopin, after taking it for 3 years for sleep (i dont know the exact details but she tells me it was a real quick process).. she took a pill for sleep that i havent found in the States, its a mix of 2mg of melatonin/valerian/passion flower/& california poppy.. you can buy all these separate yourself and mix them as well...

I've made some concoctions before myself, ive mixed chamomile with lemon balm, 300mg of valerian, 5mg of melatonin, and that knocked me the F out... but next day i had some headaches, i find that too much melatonin will give me next day headaches, but the mix of all of it together could have done it as well...

Tonight, I will be taking 50mg hydroxyzine, 50 mg AH, 10mg melatonin and 10mg CBD. Hopefully, this concoction will get me as much sleep as I got last night which is 6+ hours. We'll see.

Wish me luck!

HM

https://www.amazon.com/Bach-Rescue-Natural-Capsules-Sleeping/dp/B004151F8Q/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=bach+remedy&qid=1631759115&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExMURWOE5MOTNKQTVFJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjU3NTgzM1JVQlZFUkZXSEdJNSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMjQ3MDc4M0FDMklOREtaVUtaMiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU= this is the one i bought, the gel capsules... so tasty... but i also wasnt taking them alone, melatonin/chamomile/ and then bach is like the emergency button

Thanks for the link Rex!

Good day, insomnia buddies :)

I took the Vistaril last night hoping it would help my sleep but I slept slightly less last night. I do notice, though, that I am not as anxious today as I usually am. It may be worth taking just for that.

Have a great Friday, everyone :)

HM

50mg hydroxizine f'd me up bad.. besides not sleeping i had just general bad feeling throughout... i Hope it helps you...

someone told me 50mg is just too much, and that a lower dose might have been more beneficial but after that bad experience id rather not deal with this hard stuff....

im taking magnesium glycinate tonight to see if i stop waking up at like 5am (cause i gotta pee, and then i lose my sleep)... apparently the magnesium glycinate affects the glycine so fingers crossed,, will let yal know tommorow how it goes...

I stopped taking Vistaril because it just makes me really tired but I can't sleep. I take magnesium citrate every night and I have for a long time to stay regular. It's supposed to help with sleep too but I'm not feeling that part.

I have a whole huge thing of Vistaril that I can't take now. It works to help with my anxiety but I can't deal with the other effects from it.

HM

i think its too early (1 night only of the mag glycerine to tell) but i slept well... i did wake up a lot due to dreams (and i have sleep apnea as well so a nightmare might just be me running out of breath and then the cpap wakes me up), but i fell back asleep pretty quickly each time... i felt rested waking up after 8 hours of sleep...  I also took 2mg of melatonin though, i will taper down the melatonin throughout the week but I really needed to sleep well for monday work...

on a side note, i usually have had headaches these past days, and i usually have them from taking a high dose of melatonin (to me 2mg is a high dose) and i have no headaches... was it the magnesium, idk... too early to tell, but i'll report throughout the week, maybe end of the week to give a good full report

I stopped taking Vistaril because it just makes me really tired but I can't sleep. I take magnesium citrate every night and I have for a long time to stay regular. It's supposed to help with sleep too but I'm not feeling that part.

I have a whole huge thing of Vistaril that I can't take now. It works to help with my anxiety but I can't deal with the other effects from it.

HM

I've read the magnesium citrate does not help with sleep, and that its the magnesium glycinate that helps with sleep... i've also read that each person is different, but if the citrate isnt working and you are willing, try the glycinate..

yeah i generic hydroxozine but it made me feel SUPER weird like i said... theres a low dose in stuff like OTC sleep aids, even that makes me feel a bit weird, but it worked before I had this current issue with benzos...

Honestly, I'd exhaust all natural options before turning to the pharmaceutical ones.... theres a crap ton of natural sleep aids... just got to find the one that speaks to your body

Rev,

I am so glad you got 8 hours of restful sleep! It's been weeks since I have gotten 7 hours which is the most sleep I have gotten since last March or so. Xanax quit working to help me sleep and I started sleeping less ans less until it quit working altogether and I had to taper it.

I hope you have many more 8+ hour, restful sleep nights :)

HM

Rev,

I am so glad you got 8 hours of restful sleep! It's been weeks since I have gotten 7 hours which is the most sleep I have gotten since last March or so. Xanax quit working to help me sleep and I started sleeping less ans less until it quit working altogether and I had to taper it.

I hope you have many more 8+ hour, restful sleep nights :)

HM

Thank you!

Xanax is tough, I have tapered Xanax a long time ago successfully, only to be given lorazepam in the hospital years later and get back hooked on it, by mistake.

I made the switch to clonazepam because its a longer acting benzo.

I've also changed my taper method so only taper my day dose of klonopin and keep my night dose steady. At what time do you take your xanax?

I noticed you made a big jump form .6 to .3ml? that might be the root cause, but if you can tough it out, seems like you are almost done with the taper, sending out good vibes to you to keep steady through it!

Hope your symptons improve! Have to keep trying until you find the solution that works for you.

Hi Rev,

yeah, my taper has gone quicker than usual. I'm currently holding at .12mg's for another week because I have had some morning anxiety. I was at 4mg's a day May 1st, 2021, so I have dropped from 4mg to .12mg in 5 months.

I just want to be done with that crap. I also want my organic sleep to return. My natural sleep cycle is about 8 to 9 hours but I am a long way from that right now.

Have a great night :)

HM

I woke up again at 430 and did 25mg of hydroxyzine.  It didn't do anything, so I am going to make myself quit that again.  I've also been trying l-theanine during the day, but I don't think it's doing anything either. 

I was able to fall asleep organically and slept about 5 before waking up so it wasn't horrible.

Rev, I'm glad you had a good night's sleep.  When did you take the mag, right before bed?

this morning i woke up at 3:55.. beat you by a couple of minutes lol.. somehow i feel fine though, but I f'd up... i went to take valerian with lemon balm after laying in bed till like 430 awake and it did absolutely nothing, I should have taken my bach rescue sleep, that stuff always works for me, ive gone so far as to take it twice woke up once 1 night, and then when i woke up again i took it again... and always had hours of sleep with it....

i ended up giving up on sleep at like 5:30 and just started my day, finished some code i had been working on for days now, and felt generally fine until around 9:30, which luckily my morning klonopin dose is at 10 and that brought me back to normal / low anxiety levels.... managed to go well till my 8pm klonopin dose...

btw... You really HAVE to try to the bach rescue sleep...

if you want to go the un-natural route, you can talk to your doctor about trazodone, my psych told me to take that (but ive been scared to even touch the bottle)...

I woke up again at 430 and did 25mg of hydroxyzine.  It didn't do anything, so I am going to make myself quit that again.  I've also been trying l-theanine during the day, but I don't think it's doing anything either. 

I was able to fall asleep organically and slept about 5 before waking up so it wasn't horrible.

Rev, I'm glad you had a good night's sleep.  When did you take the mag, right before bed?

ive been taking l-theanine in the morning along with inositol, but honestly, i dont know if it really does anything...

i take chamomile 3 hours before bed, the mag glyc like 1-2 hours before bed, and melatonin 1 hour before bed..

Another 430 wake up with no chance at going back to sleep or even having microslept.  I didn't take anything tonight, at bed or at wake up to go back to sleep. 

Maybe I'll order some of that Bach.  My Dr. Didn't want to prescribe trazadone, but did give me propanolol, which I still haven't taken. 

I slept decently for 3 nights in a row.  Last night was a zero.  When this hits, there is just nothing I can do but try to accept it.  Nothing helps. So looking forward to being out of this hellishness at some point.  :'(