Author Topic: Where's the insomnia buddies? no action on the threads.  (Read 10445 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Where's the insomnia buddies? no action on the threads.
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2021, 03:49:06 am »
Iíve hear it can be alerting so Iíve stayed away from it
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2021, 08:18:37 am »
Usually I can fall asleep initially just fine, I just can't stay asleep.  Tonight I couldn't fall asleep so I decided to take the l-theanine.  I slept an hour and now I'm wide awake, so I think it's a bust. 

I'm trying the ice pack method now and it is slowing my heart rate which is great, but sleep isn't coming.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2021, 04:23:08 pm »
Anyone here on this thread tried or takes l-theanine?  If so, can you share your experiences? 

I've read plenty of old threads about it from users, but I'm interested in what you all have to say about it.

I've never tried l-theanine, but I have read a lot of good reviews for it on BB. Let us know how it works for you.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2021, 04:25:37 pm »
Usually I can fall asleep initially just fine, I just can't stay asleep.  Tonight I couldn't fall asleep so I decided to take the l-theanine.  I slept an hour and now I'm wide awake, so I think it's a bust. 

I'm trying the ice pack method now and it is slowing my heart rate which is great, but sleep isn't coming.

Sorry the l=theanine didn't work for you. I hope the ice pack helped. I can't use ice. It would keep me awake. I am very sensitive to cold.

Hope you have a great Friday.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2021, 06:43:11 pm »

Hi Q,

I am sorry you crashed and burned with your sleep recently. That's a bummer. I hear you about the 5 hours of sleep. It's better than nothing, so I am glad you were able to get that. At least the mirtazapine and zolpidem work for you. That's good. They don't work for me.
Here's hoping you get some more sleep soon.

[...]

Hi [...],
Unfortunately what works one day, stop working the day after. Last time I took mirtazapine was one month ago, so I expected at least a mild effect. I'm not optimistic because I get used to it quickly and as a side effect it increases my tinnitus a little bit. I'd like to find a decent antihistamine but where I'm living only Atarax is available. I'm running out of options..

I hope you had a better nigh

Q, is there any way you can order the ah you want online? Or is that illegal? Sorry about the mirtazapine. The first time I took it, it didn't work for me so I quit taking it. Hope you can find something to help you soon.

Take care,

[...]

Doxylamine (Unisom, Benadryl) isn't available on my country. I mean as a mass market / OTC product. Atarax is approved for short term insomnia. Doxylamine is sold at very low dose together with paracetamol (vicks medinight) in tablets for cold. But it's too low to be considered for sleeping.

How much mirtazapine did you try?

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2021, 07:20:49 pm »
Hi Q,

I tried 15mg of mirtazapine and it did nothing for me. I am now on trazodone (50mg) but I take it mostly for the anti-depressant benefit of it. I take it in the middle of the day because I tried taking it right before bed and it (I think?) gave me restless leg syndrome. Not sleeping was making me bummed so I started the trazodone in the hopes it might help me sleep as well as help me feel better. Not sure if it's helping with my sleep or not, but it is helping me feel better.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2021, 09:55:46 pm »
7.5 - 15mg is a preatty standard dosage for insomnia. I'm sorry it didn't worked for you. Btw on average the effect tends to diminish over time.
It's strange you get an AD effect at 50mg trazodone. This dosage is supposed to be mostly sedative or mildly anxiolitic. Anyway everyone is different so some reactions are individual. Happy to hear you get at least some relief from such a small dose. I never tried rx drugs during the day. I always take them before trying to sleep.

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2021, 07:14:05 pm »
7.5 - 15mg is a preatty standard dosage for insomnia. I'm sorry it didn't worked for you. Btw on average the effect tends to diminish over time.
It's strange you get an AD effect at 50mg trazodone. This dosage is supposed to be mostly sedative or mildly anxiolitic. Anyway everyone is different so some reactions are individual. Happy to hear you get at least some relief from such a small dose. I never tried rx drugs during the day. I always take them before trying to sleep.

Yeah, I definitely get an AD effect from 50mg a day and I am grateful for it. I am down to .12mg of Xanax a day. I am hoping to be done in 6 weeks. My sleep is slowly getting better. I hope this trend keeps up! I want to be back to 9 hours a [...], if I have my way.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2021, 08:38:23 pm »
Nice. An AD effect could help your sleep indirectly. It looks like you are on the right path.
I'm still still giving a try to Mirtazapine and Zolpidem. I've got two 5h sleep then a broken 4h yesterday followed by a depressed mood today. I didn't wait the end of my tapering. I jumped at 5mg flurazepam + 2mg diazepam. It's not a real C/T because zolpidem is a Z-drugs. I think I'll be hit even harder in the next days: usually I start to feel changes one week later because flurazepam is a long half life drug.

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2021, 12:38:11 am »
Q, it sounds like you know what you're doing. Last [...], for me, was a broken 5 hours but I am grateful for it. I will take it over 2 hours any day. I never know what is going to happen with my sleep from [...] to [...]. I always hope for the best.

[...]