Author Topic: Where's the insomnia buddies? no action on the threads.  (Read 10454 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Where's the insomnia buddies? no action on the threads.
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2021, 11:37:23 am »
Hello insomnia buddies,
 I have noticed there's no action on the threads so I thought I'd reach out for some support here.

I went 3 months on 0 to 3 hours of sleep and the last 3 weeks, I have had several nights of 4 to 5 hours and I had 2 nights of 7 hours. Then I had a couple 2 to 3 hour nights then back to 4 hours for a couple nights and then last [...] was a 1.5 to 2 hour [...].

I take a stack every [...] to help me sleep. I'm afraid not to take it for fear of getting no sleep (which has happened twice, even with supplements)

I can't wait until this insomnia crap is over with. It helps to talk about it though. I feel better knowing I am not alone.

How are my insomnia buddies doing?

[...]

Hi [...],
I'm on holiday with my wife and kids and I crashed beyond my worse expectations.
I can't afford not being functional. Faking with zero hours of perceived sleep is rather difficult. In one week I doubled my sleep aids (200mg seroquel + 100mg trazodone) and sometimes I took liquid diazepam "as needed" during the [...].
I'm at 5mg fluorazepam + 1.6mg diazepam which is useless for sleeping. I don't know if it's worth tapering adding so many rx drugs. So yesterday I decided to skip benzos and seroquel (they both gave me almost no sleep in the last three days) and took 15mg mirtazapine and 10mg zolpidem. Got almost 5h (medium quality). It's unlikely they keep working next days but I really need a decent combo for my nights.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2021, 01:29:30 pm »
Hi all, I've been following this thread and wonder what eft, ahs, and C19 is.
Thanks!
NG
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2021, 03:48:05 pm »
I'll have to look into that eft a little more.

[...], yeah I've resolved to try to make it a week without any melatonin or ahs, and see how that compares.  My theory is I'll be about the same, and that maybe those things are just preventing my cns from calibrating like it should. 

The last few days I've gotten really curious about beta blockers, thinking maybe if my tachycardia is reduced sleep will come easier.  Does anyone have experience with those?

I know some seem to have benefited from beta blockers, but others have found that they had bad side effects or that they had to be tapered to get off.  But it might be worth a try. 

This is going to sound strange and simplistic, but I have lately found that putting an ice pack on the back of my head and neck calms down my whole system enough to put me to sleep.  I think it stimulates the vagus nerve. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2021, 05:24:17 pm »

Hi [...],
I'm on holiday with my wife and kids and I crashed beyond my worse expectations.
I can't afford not being functional. Faking with zero hours of perceived sleep is rather difficult. In one week I doubled my sleep aids (200mg seroquel + 100mg trazodone) and sometimes I took liquid diazepam "as needed" during the [...].
I'm at 5mg fluorazepam + 1.6mg diazepam which is useless for sleeping. I don't know if it's worth tapering adding so many rx drugs. So yesterday I decided to skip benzos and seroquel (they both gave me almost no sleep in the last three days) and took 15mg mirtazapine and 10mg zolpidem. Got almost 5h (medium quality). It's unlikely they keep working next days but I really need a decent combo for my nights.
[/quote]

Hi Q,

I am sorry you crashed and burned with your sleep recently. That's a bummer. I hear you about the 5 hours of sleep. It's better than nothing, so I am glad you were able to get that. At least the mirtazapine and zolpidem work for you. That's good. They don't work for me.
Here's hoping you get some more sleep soon.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2021, 05:29:24 pm »
So, after getting 1.5 to 2 hours on Tuesday [...], last [...] I got about 4 to 5 hours of better quality sleep. I wish it was more predictable, but it's not. I took my usual stack.

Wishing you all a great Thursday and a great [...]'s sleep.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2021, 06:29:13 pm »
Hi all, I've been following this thread and wonder what eft, ahs, and C19 is.
Thanks!
NG

C19 is Covid.  EFT is an acronym for Emotional Freedom Technique.  It involves using positive self-talk while stimulating key acupressure points by tapping them.  It's a very powerful tool.  I use an app called The Tapping Solution because it eliminates the need for you to come up with your own script for the tapping.  It's like a guided meditation.  There are many specific routines, a lot of them targeted at insomnia and anxiety.

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2021, 08:54:58 pm »

Hi Q,

I am sorry you crashed and burned with your sleep recently. That's a bummer. I hear you about the 5 hours of sleep. It's better than nothing, so I am glad you were able to get that. At least the mirtazapine and zolpidem work for you. That's good. They don't work for me.

[...]

Hi [...],
Unfortunately what works one day, stop working the day after. Last time I took mirtazapine was one month ago, so I expected at least a mild effect. I'm not optimistic because I get used to it quickly and as a side effect it increases my tinnitus a little bit. I'd like to find a decent antihistamine but where I'm living only Atarax is available. I'm running out of options..

I hope you had a better nigh

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2021, 09:59:40 pm »

Hi Q,

[...]

Hi [...],
Unfortunately what works one day, stop working the day after. Last time I took mirtazapine was one month ago, so I expected at least a mild effect. I'm not optimistic because I get used to it quickly and as a side effect it increases my tinnitus a little bit. I'd like to find a decent antihistamine but where I'm living only Atarax is available. I'm running out of options..

I hope you had a better nigh

Q, is there any way you can order the ah you want online? Or is that illegal? Sorry about the mirtazapine. The first time I took it, it didn't work for me so I quit taking it. Hope you can find something to help you soon.

Take care,

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2021, 01:17:58 am »
might sound really dumb, but being grateful for everybit of sleep, and just being grateful in general goes a long way. we all know it sucks. but its how you deal with it that matters most. if you drag on the day dreading the [...] (i know its tough, every [...] i approach bed kind of anxious at the least, in how i'll sleep but im learning to cope with it, and just be happy that i do get sleep now) but even when i didnt, what kept me going was gratitude. you just have to believe. yes there are things out there that will help you, and you have to find what works best for you.

id lean towards natural first, valerian, chamomile, melatonin, lemon grass, bach rescue sleep... and a good sleep habit/routine, stretching, calming down before bed, breathing deep, and if none of that works, then yeah, find the heavier stuff if you need to... but know that the little sleep you do get is repairing you and be grateful for it. i know you feel like shit, ive been there, but again, its how you deal with it that will dictate your stress levels, and help you rest...

my 2 cents, hope something there helps

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2021, 01:43:37 am »
Anyone here on this thread tried or takes l-theanine?  If so, can you share your experiences? 

I've read plenty of old threads about it from users, but I'm interested in what you all have to say about it.