Author Topic: Where's the insomnia buddies? no action on the threads.  (Read 10444 times)

[Buddie]

Where's the insomnia buddies? no action on the threads.
« on: September 08, 2021, 06:39:17 pm »
Hello insomnia buddies,
 I have noticed there's no action on the threads so I thought I'd reach out for some support here.

I went 3 months on 0 to 3 hours of sleep and the last 3 weeks, I have had several nights of 4 to 5 hours and I had 2 nights of 7 hours. Then I had a couple 2 to 3 hour nights then back to 4 hours for a couple nights and then last [...] was a 1.5 to 2 hour [...].

I take a stack every [...] to help me sleep. I'm afraid not to take it for fear of getting no sleep (which has happened twice, even with supplements)

I can't wait until this insomnia crap is over with. It helps to talk about it though. I feel better knowing I am not alone.

How are my insomnia buddies doing?

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Where's the insomnia buddies? no action on the threads.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 07:08:22 pm »
I'm struggling with C19 induced insomnia ATM.  It's been absolutely wicked.  One buddy told me that when she and her hubby had C19, her husband described it as "someone pouring gasoline on his nervous system and lighting it on fire."  That's about right.  It's been one of the worst times of my life other than my benzo WDs. 

I got some sleep last [...] even though it felt like it would be impossible.  When I woke with heart palpitations and anxiety after an hour of dozing, I did some EFT tapping, which calmed me down enough that a sleep hypnosis video on YouTube effectively put me out until 5:30 AM.  I went and got my ice pack and laid my head on it.  That helped my sleep another couple hours.  This is such a miracle for me.  The [...] before last I hardly slept at all and had horrid panic attacks all day.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2021, 07:51:53 pm »
Iím here [...]. Just struggling so not posting much about it x maybe the ahs are losing effectiveness . Maybe try a different one?

My slept atm is so light it doesnít feel like Iím asleep. I actually donít know if I sleep or not but today I feel like Iíve been run over by a truck my body is so sore x

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2021, 08:51:43 pm »
It seems like all the boards are slow right now. I took that as a sign that I should get off and start distracting myself.  BB for me  is always a double edged sword between support and scary stuff, but I'm happy to help everyone feel less alone.

Insomnia is a lonely thing.  So much time alone in the middle of the [...].  3 hours for me last [...] after a steady degradation over the last few days by an hour a [...] from a nice and rare 7 hour [...] on Saturday.

I'm going to try to give up ahs bc I don't think they've done a thing for me the last few weeks, but it's always hard to give up something that could be helping you get what little you do get.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2021, 12:07:29 am »
I'm struggling with C19 induced insomnia ATM.  It's been absolutely wicked.  One buddy told me that when she and her hubby had C19, her husband described it as "someone pouring gasoline on his nervous system and lighting it on fire."  That's about right.  It's been one of the worst times of my life other than my benzo WDs. 

I got some sleep last [...] even though it felt like it would be impossible.  When I woke with heart palpitations and anxiety after an hour of dozing, I did some EFT tapping, which calmed me down enough that a sleep hypnosis video on YouTube effectively put me out until 5:30 AM.  I went and got my ice pack and laid my head on it.  That helped my sleep another couple hours.  This is such a miracle for me.  The [...] before last I hardly slept at all and had horrid panic attacks all day.

Sage, I don't know what C19 is but I have had all those symptoms too, with benzo withdrawal, especially the insomnia.  I've never heard of EFT tapping. I'll have to look into it. Thanks for posting!

Wishing you good rest,

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2021, 12:10:03 am »
Iím here [...]. Just struggling so not posting much about it x maybe the ahs are losing effectiveness . Maybe try a different one?

My slept atm is so light it doesnít feel like Iím asleep. I actually donít know if I sleep or not but today I feel like Iíve been run over by a truck my body is so sore x

Hi [...],

I have nights where I sleep and wake up so often that I am not aware if I slept or not. I have to remember dreaming to be sure that I have slept. I'm sorry you're not feeling like posting much but I am happy to hear from you. Hope your body heals from the soreness soon and I hope you get some rest tonight.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2021, 12:14:35 am »
It seems like all the boards are slow right now. I took that as a sign that I should get off and start distracting myself.  BB for me  is always a double edged sword between support and scary stuff, but I'm happy to help everyone feel less alone.

Insomnia is a lonely thing.  So much time alone in the middle of the [...].  3 hours for me last [...] after a steady degradation over the last few days by an hour a [...] from a nice and rare 7 hour [...] on Saturday.

I'm going to try to give up ahs bc I don't think they've done a thing for me the last few weeks, but it's always hard to give up something that could be helping you get what little you do get.

Your sleep sounds like mine. I had a 7 hour [...] followed by a 4 hour [...] and then a 5 and then back to 2 to 3 hour nights for a while. I get my hopes up and then I'm bummed when my sleep drops down again. I should try sleeping without the ah's and see if it makes a difference. I take ah, CBD and melatonin every [...]. Don't know if it's helping or not.

Thanks for posting. Good to hear from you.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2021, 01:00:59 am »
my first bout with insomnia was i think 4 or 5 days straight no shut eye[and i mean like 0 zero hours of sleep, because everytime i'd dose off my sleep apnea machine would choke me, turns out i was sleeping in a bad position and cutting off my own air]... not sleeping for that long was the craziest thing i've ever experienced in my life and only you who have gone through this know what the heck im talking about...

I went to the ER a couple of times for help, without getting any, and 1 of them even said, well you've not reached dementia yet... and I was like ... holy fish, soon I'm gonna become a literal zombie huh....

I then figured out it was benzo withdrawal symptons and went on Klonopin and fixed this thing first with a 1mg dose, and now around .3 x2 daily (DMLT) but ocassionally during my taper or just a bad [...] "was going thru some stuff with family" the insomnia would come back...

i have a real good homeopathic remedy called Bach Rescue Sleep (its on amazon) and I've taken it twice so far and its worked both times for me....

chamomile tea, stretching, yellow lights and not too much brightness, breathing app(doing 4-4 breaths), light snack, and yeah i still watch some netflix but really dim... and the .15mg to .3mg of melatonin for that "push"(now that I'm stable, though I've taken up to 9mg when insomnia got really bad).. thats my sleep routine... and waking up at same time pretty much everyday, even if im still tired... (though sometimes i cheat this one for a few extra minutes)

« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 01:28:18 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2021, 01:18:48 am »

Sage, I don't know what C19 is but I have had all those symptoms too, with benzo withdrawal, especially the insomnia.  I've never heard of EFT tapping. I'll have to look into it. Thanks for posting!

Wishing you good rest,

[...]

I was referring to Covid.  The symptoms are almost exactly like acute WD. 

EFT is a method for combining affirmations and acupressure that helps you to change how you think and feel.  Very helpful. I use an app called Tapping Solutions.  It has been a lifesaver for me.

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2021, 11:11:11 am »
I'll have to look into that eft a little more.

[...], yeah I've resolved to try to make it a week without any melatonin or ahs, and see how that compares.  My theory is I'll be about the same, and that maybe those things are just preventing my cns from calibrating like it should. 

The last few days I've gotten really curious about beta blockers, thinking maybe if my tachycardia is reduced sleep will come easier.  Does anyone have experience with those?