Anyone come off lamictal or gabapentin at high doses after benzos?

[wi...]

Ii developed a tolerance to 2mg of Xanax, updosed to that amount over 26 years.  6 tears ago I was put on 1600mg of gabapentin for nerve pain and 250mg of lamictal for depression and mood stabilizer.  I am so depersonalized from these meds it sickens me and I have to use tons of positive thinking to get me through.  So has anyone who has not been on baby doses of these medicines have experience on coming off the gabapentin and lamictal AFTER they got of the benzos?

Some threads here are saying the benzos mask other medication's side effects. It's scaring me, but really I have no choice because I had to start getting off Xanax since I hit tolerance and did NOT want to go up on this awful benzo, and even if I did, my doctor would have never prescribed more.  Thanks in advance for the encouragement I hope to receive.

• 3 weeks later...
I was prescribed 3200 mg. of gabapentin after being taken off klonopin cold turkey.  Eight years later I have managed to wean down to 600 mg.  It’s been relatively painless.

I was prescribed 3200 mg. of gabapentin after being taken off klonopin cold turkey.  Eight years later I have managed to wean down to 600 mg.  It’s been relatively painless.

Canyon tell me how slowly you went if it took you eight years?