Joining for future support

[Ty...]

I joined benzo buddies as I am about to start a taper from 1Mg of Xanax XR. I take this once in the morning and have been taking it since 2013 so about 8 years. I am also on Zoloft but I feel that is still doing somewhat of its job. I have never abused this drug but I have read the long-term effects it can have on ones body.

Hello Tylerj1096  :hug:  welcome to BenzoBuddies!

We are glad you joined our community, congratulations on deciding to taper off Xanax.  You will find some very valuable support and information on the forum.  The best way to get off benzos is to taper off slowly. The suggested taper rate is 5/10% every 10/14 days.  Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads. You will receive  plenty of support here while you continue to taper.

I suggest you check out the Ashton Manual, you will find It is a valuable resource for learning about benzos and the effect they have on our body.  It also provides withdrawal information and includes a list of common withdrawal symptoms 

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Planning Your Withdrawal(TaperPlans)

Please take time to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Greetings and welcome, Tylerj1096.

Given that you are currently taking Xanax XR, a modified release formulation of alprazolam ...

Per The Withdrawal Project: “Certain forms and formulations of psychiatric drugs cannot safely be broken down in a liquid, crushed, or split, and it is essential that you figure out whether yours is one of them before proceeding with a taper.”

To learn more:

Step 11- Ensuring that a Drug is Relatively ‘Taper-friendly’ | The Withdrawal Project

https://withdrawal.theinnercompass.org/taper/step-11-ensuring-drug-relatively-taper-friendly