Clonazepam/Klonopin - taking dosage once per day or dividing it

[ho...]

So I'm currently at .5 mg /day. I was wondering if it was better to take .5 once at night (which I usually have done) or divide it in quarters and take 4 times a day and reduce from there.

I tried cutting the pill in 4 and then taking it every 4 hours. It seemed to help with some symptoms but then when I tried to reduce by 5-10 % (I forget exactly how much) it was hell.

I think my mistake is I'm super sensitive and I withdrew like 5% after 2 weeks and then 5% after two weeks. I'm wondering if I need to adjust to just reduce 5% once a month even though that will take super long and I am very inpatient and want to be done with this hell. Or if it's the fact I'm splitting it into 4 doses a day. So again I'm taking the same total dosage but divided by 4 and 4 times a day.

And yes I'm measuring the pill weight and doing all the calculations correctly. I am a computer programmer so I wrote a really simple program to calculate this stuff (hopefully i didn't make a mistake a haha but the numbers seem right).

Thank you for your help for as I'm sure you guess the doctors I see about this are pretty much useless.

I'm on 0.875mg/day clonazepam, I'm very sensitive to changes in dosage and dose timing, but I've been able to adjust to dosing only twice a day since I reached 1mg. Clonazepam has an average active duration of something like 10-12 hours. I will be hanging on to my two doses likely until I'm down around 0.25mg.

Some people dose clonazepam 4 or more times per day; we're all different. I suggest trying twice a day, if for no other reason than to keep your life simpler. In my experience, interdose withdrawal can be caused by overly rapid reductions, not just a shortage of daily doses. I think clonazepam has a decently long half-life, with doses overlapping over many days.

Did you keep a daily tapering journal while you did your 2-week cut-and-holds with 5% reductions? I find keeping one is very valuable to learn my withdrawal cycles and make better tapering decisions going forward. I suggest a journal with at a minimum the date, the dosage, any withdrawal symptoms and their severity.

Here's some basic information to consider about reductions. We're all different so I think it's important to find your own place on the landscape of recovery...

https://benzoreform.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Pamphlet-3-BZRA-Discontinuation-1-Getting-Started-v1.2.pdf

I hope this helps.  :thumbsup:

I'm on 0.875mg/day clonazepam, I'm very sensitive to changes in dosage and dose timing, but I've been able to adjust to dosing only twice a day since I reached 1mg. Clonazepam has an average active duration of something like 10-12 hours. I will be hanging on to my two doses likely until I'm down around 0.25mg.

Some people dose clonazepam 4 or more times per day; we're all different. I suggest trying twice a day, if for no other reason than to keep your life simpler. In my experience, interdose withdrawal can be caused by overly rapid reductions, not just a shortage of daily doses. I think clonazepam has a decently long half-life, with doses overlapping over many days.

Did you keep a daily tapering journal while you did your 2-week cut-and-holds with 5% reductions? I find keeping one is very valuable to learn my withdrawal cycles and make better tapering decisions going forward. I suggest a journal with at a minimum the date, the dosage, any withdrawal symptoms and their severity.

Here's some basic information to consider about reductions. We're all different so I think it's important to find your own place on the landscape of recovery...

https://benzoreform.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Pamphlet-3-BZRA-Discontinuation-1-Getting-Started-v1.2.pdf

I hope this helps.  :thumbsup:

Thanks! A journal is a great idea. Though considering my nerdy tendencies I'll probably incorporate a history into my silly little computer program. And yes I know Microsoft Excel already does all of this. It wouldn't be the first time a software engineer reinvented the wheel!