my story

[Sh...]

I have been on and off of benzos for about 17 years, drinking alcohol the whole time. I havent had any alcohol in 25 days, and in 25 days I have only had 1/8th of a 1 mg clonazepam, on 2 occasions. I have detoxed several time from .5over the years, which is what I always took. However, I recently tried to self medicate for insomnia and started taking 1.5 to 2 mg every night for almost 2 months. I am experiencing the worst protracted withdrawals I have ever felt and thats why I am seeking communication from other people in a similar situation here on Benzo buddies.

Hello Shua3000  :hug:  Welcome to Benzobuddies

We are glad you are here.  Thank you for sharing with us, I am sorry you are suffering right now, it will get better with time!  Stopping benzodiazepines abruptly can bring on severe symptoms.  You have come to a great place for support, you can connect with others who understand what you're going through.  Well done staying off alcohol? I know how difficult that is.  Please feel free to check out the forum, post questions for members to respond.  I will leave you a link to post withdrawal support.

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

I would suggest that you take a look at The Ashton Manual,  which is an authoritative source on what to expect during withdrawal and recovery, It provides a great deal of information that can be reassuring during this process, the manual  also including a list of common symptoms

The Ashton Manual

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) to help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita