Clonazepam Withdrawal

[Bo...]

7 months out from a clonazepam taper of 4 months. Was is ER 3 times because of inital severity of symptoms. Have had no windows. Some symptoms have disappeared but the psych stuff is worse. Intrusive thoughts are unbearable and I am thinking of taking some medication. Want some info on how to proceed. Cannot take an SSRI as I had serotonin syndrome.

Hello  BottL :hug:  Welcome to Benzobuddies

We are glad you are here.  Sorry you are having a tough time. You did a good job in getting off these drugs. Its not unusual to have symptoms this far out.  Withdrawal symptoms are dreadful, especially the psych stuff.  Hang in there,  it will get better with more time.  You have come to a great place for support.  You can connect with others who understand what you're going through,  and can tell you what worked for them. 

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

I would suggest that you take a look at The Ashton Manual,  which is an authoritative source on what to expect during withdrawal and recovery, It provides a great deal of information that can be reassuring during this process, the manual  also including a list of common symptoms

The Ashton Manual

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) to help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

• 1 month later...

Thank you.

I have decided not to take any drugs. My intrusive thoughts have improved since the last time I posted. They are still bad in waves (I do not have windows just a steadily improving baseline). I have been finding the situation a lot more manageable in the recent weeks and have seen some good improvements and have been able to resume some of my old life. The past two weeks I have been feeling better than I have since starting this process nearly a year ago. I still feel old and do not believe I will be the same though.

Thanks for your support,

Bottl :)

Hello BottL

I am so pleased the intrusive thoughts improved, I know how awful they are, that symptom was one of my worse.  I didn't have windows, I hit tolerance so my symptoms never really eased off any.  I am so glad you are doing better,  I felt old in withdrawal, you will find most of us do.  I believe that will change as it did for me....you will get back to life, that person you once was will emerge when the time is right.  I thought I had gone for good and was so relieved to find me again.

Magrita :smitten: