Please help bladder pain when did it go away for you?

[Mo...]

I started having bladder spasms and pain after emptying bladder first thing in the morning when it’s full I would wake up with pressure and once I voided it dropped me to my knees😱 I lay in bed after 20 -30 minutes it would calm down this started during inter-dose withdrawal I would take my 2mg of Ativan at bedtime but it would wear off by morning and I was withdrawing all day had the bladder issues and muscle tightness and squeezing in my belly as soon as my feet hit the floor and my brain turned on😱 my symptoms are 90 % Physical muscle pain and tightness and spasms. I have a little health anxiety because of the constant pain.

If you had bladder pain like me please tell me it will eventually get better 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Thanks

Moose

mine did not last long, and when I have a setback, it comes back a little. But everyone is different, as one of my buddies on here finds that this is one of her most pervasive symptoms.

I'm sorry, its an awful symptom - feels like a UTI - even though it usually isn't for many.

See urologist tomorrow for another check up I have seen him 3 times since this started all test normal it started when I was in inter dose withdrawal it was going away but came back. Last couple days it’s not as bad. It’s inflammation my whole body has inflammation I had my blood test for CRP TEST which measures your inflammation markers mine was 5.6 normal is less than 1.0 benzo withdrawal causes this

I recall having some of this feeling that started towards the end of my taper.  It was worst when I jumped and then got better afterwards.  How far along are you? 

Coming up on 10 months in 2 weeks. This is my 2nd time withdrawal from benzodiazepines back 8 years ago I was very sick took me 4 years to feel 85%. Then my dad passed away and psychiatrist put me on Ativan for sleep even though Xanax was on my allergies list within 4 months I was in inter-dose withdrawal and then about 6 months I started with bladder spasms and pain. I’m coming up on 10 months it was somewhat better around month 6-7 then it came roaring back along with severe abdominal and side pain. No one should have too go thru this 2 times it’s stolen many years of my life I’m an athlete and avid outdoorsman and no matter how I feel I still try to do things to distract from pain it’s very tough I hope I will recover again but I’m 😱 scared pray for me please 🙏

I feel for you Moose,

Having a tough time myself at 11.5 months off.  Still having very significant back and side pain.  Forcing myself to go for walks and GENTLE swimming.  The swimming is probably the only thing that I know for sure will help me stretch the muscles.  I always feel better after 1 hour in the pool.  I am not doing serious laps, just gentle floating and slow swimming. 

Hope you can try that and that you get some relief.

Moose, I will say a prayer for you.  Your brain will rewire.  Neuroplasticity is an incredible thing.  I feel for you.  May God grant you peace and healing.

I’m done bladder pain is debilitating to the point I can’t function I will not let this shit take another 4 years to get better have no choice but to take pain pills to survive again. I’m making an appointment with pain management tomorrow sorry but I refuse to suffer again after it stole 4 years from me

Sorry you're suffering.  Have intermittently experienced this in WD. Anything I offer is my own personal experiences and not medical advice. Everyone can do as they choose.

Histamine levels greatly rise during WD.  Often that can drive some symptom sets like vertigo. In my case, the bouts of unrelenting 4-5 day long vertigo left when I adopted a strict low histamine diet. The DAO enzymes which metabolize histamine from the gut also help to clear drugs and their metabolites.  There's another enzyme which also clears histamine, but not as much.  You can have a genetically slow responding enzyme set, but the key is to "not overfill the glass."  The enzymes work at a steady rate regardless of demand so the system can become overwhelmed. The solution is to stop the spice going in. I like this food list: https://www.factvsfitness.com/blogs/news/histamine-intolerance-food-list

High histamine levels contribute to interstitial cystitis. This is characterized by intermittent pain and burning in the bladder. It imitates an infection and can even cause bleeding in urine.  A benign helper for the discomfort and spams is D-Mannose.  It's a naturally occurring sugar that coats and soothes the bladder wall. You can buy it as a powder from places like iHerb.com.  I like the formula of D-mannose with cranberry extract. Benfotiamine a vitamin B derivative really helps generalized aches and pains without reviving you up.

Remember histamine normally rises in the early AM and is a chemical for wakefulness. Cortisol which has anti-inflammatory properties will rise to deal with the histamine.  Those together can seriously disrupt sleep or cause insomnia. High histamine can also precipitate panic attacks and sudden BP jumps due to the indirect action on catecholamines.. 

There are foods that contain DAO you can add.  Beef kidney (pills), lentils, and  pea protein powder will help and are easily tolerated.

Avoid list major components: alcohol, caffeine, chocolate, avacados, bananas, nuts, and chocolate. See the site above for more detailed info.

Best of luck with the problem. hope this is helpful.

Update I heard from urologist I have a medium risk UTI I thought so because I saw mucus in my urine. The pain is unbelievable so I have no choice but to try antibiotic called omnicef it’s in the same class as amoxicillin which I have taken in the past but it works different then amoxicillin based on the bacteria I have in my urine this is the safest best one to take. Trust me I researched it all day before taking it because I almost died 8 years ago from cipro while taking Xanax I was floxed

Please pray it helps and I don’t have a reaction

it sounds like your situation is serious so i'm not making a suggestion on how to treat an active infection or give medical advice but i did want to mention for myself when i've had benzo related issues i've had good results using corn silk supplements (my wife has also had good luck with this when she feels a possible uti starting or drink too much caffiene, etc).  ive also heard that d-mannose is good for this as well.

i hope you get better soon.

Thanks I’m going to store in the morning and pick up some D-MANNOSE👍 I’ve only taking 3 pills of antibiotics so hopefully it has not set me back?

Decided to go to ER because I feel so bad just want to get blood work done and make sure the infection has not reached my kidneys I have bi lateral flank pain lower back pain and bladder and lower abdominal pain. I have been saying it’s just benzo withdrawal but I’m not sure please pray for me

Went to ER last night and had urinalysis done again now it’s perfectly normal WTF. Only 2 days on Antibiotic but doctor said it only takes 48 hours sometimes if your on right antibiotic still have debilitating pain but I’m guessing it’s all benzo withdrawal symptoms because I showed him where the pain was and he said that’s all abdominal muscles and he thinks I might have a spastic bladder who knows at this point just hoping this flare up calms down soon

This sx got worse for me through my taper but was terrible for years ! Esp while taper for two years.. I don’t know how but I would pee like a half liter to a litter at a time, never seen anything like it. My bladder must have been like a Walmart bag size :laugh: gross.

It got better after I got nad. I don’t know if that’s the reason it went away or just being off k. It’s 98-100% better. Hope it gets better for you soon

I started having bladder spasms and pain after emptying bladder first thing in the morning when it’s full I would wake up with pressure and once I voided it dropped me to my knees😱 I lay in bed after 20 -30 minutes it would calm down this started during inter-dose withdrawal I would take my 2mg of Ativan at bedtime but it would wear off by morning and I was withdrawing all day had the bladder issues and muscle tightness and squeezing in my belly as soon as my feet hit the floor and my brain turned on😱 my symptoms are 90 % Physical muscle pain and tightness and spasms. I have a little health anxiety because of the constant pain.

If you had bladder pain like me please tell me it will eventually get better 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Thanks

Moose

Have you tried Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN)?