Need encouragement

[Be...]

All these symptoms are wearing on me. I feel like a zombie, sluggish, and weak. The emotional rollercoaster is exhausting. I’m still trying to function at my job and be there for my family, but I’m so spent.

I need some stories of victories over symptoms. I know I’m not going thru some of the excruciating symptoms some of you are, but I feel so awful. I hate being so needy, but my chest feels so tight, my heart rate is low (in the 50’s), I’m 3 and a half weeks off lorazepam and I just need some good news.

I think you're your own hero in this story! During my acute I was so violently ill work wasn't even a thought. The fact that you were able to go in is definitely a victory! That being said though, the symptoms are fun and they suck. Are you eating a nutritious diet? Make sure you're meeting all your requirements for a healthy brain. All your electrolytes: Calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, sodium/chloride, and the B vitamins too!

You're gonna make it, man! If you're at all concerned you can always go to the ER and have them check you out just to be on the safe side. Benzos deplete us of all of the nutrients I listed above so you can ask for bloodwork done to narrow down any deficiencies.

As for my own story for you....I dealt with the hard stuff for 6 weeks and then I had a great baseline period where I kept improving. However I had a stress setback and have been slowly figuring out the puzzle so I can heal myself. I've had a few missteps along the way but now that I'm on track I've finally been making progress.

I think you're your own hero in this story! During my acute I was so violently ill work wasn't even a thought. The fact that you were able to go in is definitely a victory! That being said though, the symptoms are fun and they suck. Are you eating a nutritious diet? Make sure you're meeting all your requirements for a healthy brain. All your electrolytes: Calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, sodium/chloride, and the B vitamins too!

You're gonna make it, man! If you're at all concerned you can always go to the ER and have them check you out just to be on the safe side. Benzos deplete us of all of the nutrients I listed above so you can ask for bloodwork done to narrow down any deficiencies.

As for my own story for you....I dealt with the hard stuff for 6 weeks and then I had a great baseline period where I kept improving. However I had a stress setback and have been slowly figuring out the puzzle so I can heal myself. I've had a few missteps along the way but now that I'm on track I've finally been making progress.

It’s so good to hear you’re doing better. I’m eating a fairly nutritious diet. I’m afraid to take supplements, so I could be missing some nutrients. I hadn’t heard about benzos depleting nutrients before.

If you go into the "Chewing the fat" section I made a post about it. :) But I really wouldn't go wild with anything unless you get yourself checked. Having too much of something can be bad as well. A lot of people on the boards have reported being HIGH in calcium, for example, but don't have good dairy intake. Its strange.

Hang in there, I'm almost 3 years out and doing good. It gets so much easier, it just takes time. 98% of the symptoms I had are gone. One day at a time...

Awesome, love hearing that! I can’t wait to get there!

Syno is right. This does "just" take time. Always remember that benzo wd is, in truth, your BRAIN healing itself. And it will, but for many people, it does take some time.

People who have strokes can and do recover, but it does take time, and determination. And that is true to someone getting off benzos too. When I first joined BB I was thoroughly confused, half crazy and just terrified, because I had NO IDEA wd could be that awful. Well, now I do know. People here told me too take it hour by hour and try not to project. I was told that healing is not linear. At the time I was so messed up I did not even understand what they meant by that. Well, now I do. I found that if I somehow controlled my racing, terrified, illogical thoughts, it helped a lot. But find a way to do that was not easy. I found that keeping a journal helped, and my time spent helping others here on BB helped greatly. I found that despite feeling simply awful, not focusing on that seemed to help  me a lot. Early on I decided to "fake it." I acted as if I felt better than I did, especially here on BB. I started this by reversing all of my crazy, flighty, depressed and self pitying thoughts on paper. "I will never get better" became "I will heal from this." I forced myself to do this, day after day. Here on the forum I began to NOT talk about how I felt (which was beyond awful-) and taking time to offer support and ideas to others here who felt just as bad. Over time, this became a habit, one I still have today. And over time, to my great surprise, I began to BE an optimistic person who had the strength to taclke difficult things.

Learn as much as you can about hat you are going through. I personally would pretty much stick to BB or a couple other well known and trusted sites. Dont just roam the internet because you will read a lot of things that just arent true and might even be damaging to you. Getting the basics seems to help a lot, perhaps because you start to understand WHY you feel so awful.

And you have a lot of company here. Everyone on BB is going through something similar, or have recovered from it.

east

Syno is right. This does "just" take time. Always remember that benzo wd is, in truth, your BRAIN healing itself. And it will, but for many people, it does take some time.

People who have strokes can and do recover, but it does take time, and determination. And that is true to someone getting off benzos too. When I first joined BB I was thoroughly confused, half crazy and just terrified, because I had NO IDEA wd could be that awful. Well, now I do know. People here told me too take it hour by hour and try not to project. I was told that healing is not linear. At the time I was so messed up I did not even understand what they meant by that. Well, now I do. I found that if I somehow controlled my racing, terrified, illogical thoughts, it helped a lot. But find a way to do that was not easy. I found that keeping a journal helped, and my time spent helping others here on BB helped greatly. I found that despite feeling simply awful, not focusing on that seemed to help  me a lot. Early on I decided to "fake it." I acted as if I felt better than I did, especially here on BB. I started this by reversing all of my crazy, flighty, depressed and self pitying thoughts on paper. "I will never get better" became "I will heal from this." I forced myself to do this, day after day. Here on the forum I began to NOT talk about how I felt (which was beyond awful-) and taking time to offer support and ideas to others here who felt just as bad. Over time, this became a habit, one I still have today. And over time, to my great surprise, I began to BE an optimistic person who had the strength to taclke difficult things.

Learn as much as you can about hat you are going through. I personally would pretty much stick to BB or a couple other well known and trusted sites. Dont just roam the internet because you will read a lot of things that just arent true and might even be damaging to you. Getting the basics seems to help a lot, perhaps because you start to understand WHY you feel so awful.

And you have a lot of company here. Everyone on BB is going through something similar, or have recovered from it.

east

Thank you for the encouragement and advice. It feels like I’m going crazy sometimes, or have some undiagnosed illness.

I can see some (very) small progress so far as my thinking goes. Hopefully my coping skills keep improving. It’s just so draining right now.

What you are going through l- al;l of it - is purely related to wd from a benzo. I too thought I had gone insane. I am a nurse and had worked in psych for years. I was sure I knew what benzo wd would be like. I remember thinking "Oh, well, Ill probably feels sick for maybe 2 weeks, like having the flu." WRONG!!! When I began hallucinating, I KNEW it wasnt going to be like a flu virus. LOL!

I think you are coping as well as anyone here. Its not easy, its downright awful, but it DOES go away. It just takes time, and when you are going through it, the last thing you want to hear is something like "You may be like this for months." But that IS the truth. Keep in mind that a lot of people come here, and then they disappear. Why? Because they got lucky and their wd didnt last so long. Its  usually the tough cases who stick to BB for a while. And that is wonderful! We may not meet in person, but we all share a lot of things, and the support you get here is priceless. Keep sharing, Benzo-ronin.

What you are going through l- al;l of it - is purely related to wd from a benzo. I too thought I had gone insane. I am a nurse and had worked in psych for years. I was sure I knew what benzo wd would be like. I remember thinking "Oh, well, Ill probably feels sick for maybe 2 weeks, like having the flu." WRONG!!! When I began hallucinating, I KNEW it wasnt going to be like a flu virus. LOL!

I think you are coping as well as anyone here. Its not easy, its downright awful, but it DOES go away. It just takes time, and when you are going through it, the last thing you want to hear is something like "You may be like this for months." But that IS the truth. Keep in mind that a lot of people come here, and then they disappear. Why? Because they got lucky and their wd didnt last so long. Its  usually the tough cases who stick to BB for a while. And that is wonderful! We may not meet in person, but we all share a lot of things, and the support you get here is priceless. Keep sharing, Benzo-ronin.

Thank you for that. Today has been a discouraging day. Needed your message.

Let’s not talk about ourself but talk about you.

Congratulations for being clean. We know you are having a tough time but it will be well worth it.

Think about how you feel now aside from the withdrawal symptoms and I’m certain you feel so so much better. Your not alone You are doing great!!!

Stay safe and peace.

Let’s not talk about ourself but talk about you.

Congratulations for being clean. We know you are having a tough time but it will be well worth it.

Think about how you feel now aside from the withdrawal symptoms and I’m certain you feel so so much better. Your not alone You are doing great!!!

Stay safe and peace.

Thank you. :)