Does clonapezam cause heart or brain problem?

[Be...]

Hi,

I am feeling weird sensation in my head. Sometimes light and sometimes heaviness and place keep shifting. I know it's a w/d effect but I also feel sometimes like numb in limbs. I went for ecg and colour Doppler echo but it came out fine but I still want to know if this medicine can impact on heart or brain?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [Be...]

• [Jo...]

• [Ga...]

Hey Benzopatient.  That is a great question.  BB is more of a peer support group so I would be surprised if anyone here would have a solid answer for you.  Sounds like you are seeking out medical help which is the right thing to do.  What are your doctors saying about the correlation of your symptoms, benzos and what they are finding?

Oh you recently CT'd! Benzos deplete a lot of necessary vitamins and minerals in the body that cause issues with the heart, brain, and other organs. Go get a full bloodwork done to see all your deficiencies. I'd specifically request your B vitamins and your electrolytes! And if you're still having trouble keeping food down for the love of god EAT. Even if you throw it up, EAT. Easy to digest stuff of course. Eggs, avocado, chicken (chew well!), etc... Get all your calories in and try to sleep well if you can.

I get similar sensations as well.  If you’ve never had it until removing the benzo, high chance it’s a withdrawal symptom.  I’ve had more bizarre sensations than I can count, and many I don’t even know how to explain to a doctor or someone else. 

Hey Benzopatient.  That is a great question.  BB is more of a peer support group so I would be surprised if anyone here would have a solid answer for you.  Sounds like you are seeking out medical help which is the right thing to do.  What are your doctors saying about the correlation of your symptoms, benzos and what they are finding?

Hi...

They still not sure.. actually I was covid patient and hence I went for ecg and echo but that was fine but they gave me this drug again due to my issues of tremors... I think docs are themselves confused.

Oh you recently CT'd! Benzos deplete a lot of necessary vitamins and minerals in the body that cause issues with the heart, brain, and other organs. Go get a full bloodwork done to see all your deficiencies. I'd specifically request your B vitamins and your electrolytes! And if you're still having trouble keeping food down for the love of god EAT. Even if you throw it up, EAT. Easy to digest stuff of course. Eggs, avocado, chicken (chew well!), etc... Get all your calories in and try to sleep well if you can.

Ohh I didn't knew that... Can u please tell me which tests for these vitamins and electrolyte can be done? I am eating well but these sensations freak me out everyday.

I get similar sensations as well.  If you’ve never had it until removing the benzo, high chance it’s a withdrawal symptom.  I’ve had more bizarre sensations than I can count, and many I don’t even know how to explain to a doctor or someone else.

Exactly... I don't know how to express the weird things I feel. Anytime it will start and go and it varies everytime. This is worst drug ever.

Absolutley, they damage gaba receptors and if the gaba receptors don't return the HR is higher and the brain doesn't work the same.

I agree with this.  When I was in tolerance w/d and having symptoms, I went to the doc and he referred me to a Neurologist.  He ran an ANA blood test and it was positive.  Then I went to a Rheumatologist for further testing and she did lots of blood tests and then diagnosed me with APS Lupus and Reynaud's Syndrome.  Then a Hematologist diagnosed me with Thrombophilia.  Then another DO diagnosed me with Tachycardia.  I'm convinced all of this is caused by benzo and Z-drug damage.  This past Jan. an MD diagnosed me with Lupus Encephalitis.  I'm convinced I have drug-induced Lupus.  I never had any of these symptoms until I went into tolerance w/d and then got off the benzo's. 

Hi...

They still not sure.. actually I was covid patient and hence I went for ecg and echo but that was fine but they gave me this drug again due to my issues of tremors... I think docs are themselves confused.

Were you on benzos before the Covid, or did you get on them because of Covid?

Hi...

They gave me first time because I had panic attack following the death of my father due to covid. I have mentioned in my signature.

Absolutley, they damage gaba receptors and if the gaba receptors don't return the HR is higher and the brain doesn't work the same.

I agree with this.  When I was in tolerance w/d and having symptoms, I went to the doc and he referred me to a Neurologist.  He ran an ANA blood test and it was positive.  Then I went to a Rheumatologist for further testing and she did lots of blood tests and then diagnosed me with APS Lupus and Reynaud's Syndrome.  Then a Hematologist diagnosed me with Thrombophilia.  Then another DO diagnosed me with Tachycardia.  I'm convinced all of this is caused by benzo and Z-drug damage.  This past Jan. an MD diagnosed me with Lupus Encephalitis.  I'm convinced I have drug-induced Lupus.  I never had any of these symptoms until I went into tolerance w/d and then got off the benzo's.

Can you please explain me this a little as I don't understand what you mean by tolerance w/d and all other terminology you mentioned. This is first time I was give such medicine.

So you mean one can never recover after this medicine?

How do you know if your in tolerance?

Your symptoms will increase even if you're holding to a steady dose and not tapering.  Also, you may notice more interdose withdrawl sxs.

How do you know if your in tolerance?

Your symptoms will increase even if you're holding to a steady dose and not tapering.  Also, you may notice more interdose withdrawl sxs.

So what my symptoms indicate? I am 21 days off benzos and my symptoms started after few days of stopping the drug.

Hi...

Yep, your problems are probably all from the benzos,  mine are.  I was in the gym lifting about as heavy as ever in my life and running,  etc until I started taking daily for a few months and within a month I was out of the gym, decided to quit my job I loved because I thought the job was my problem, hallucinating and never been the same since in 14 months.  Now have over 100 problems I never had until then.  What an incredible legal poison.  The only reason I started taking daily wad because the prescription said to and it was beginning to make my insomnia worse so I did because melatonin wasn't working.

Hi...

Yep, your problems are probably all from the benzos,  mine are.  I was in the gym lifting about as heavy as ever in my life and running,  etc until I started taking daily for a few months and within a month I was out of the gym, decided to quit my job I loved because I thought the job was my problem, hallucinating and never been the same since in 14 months.  Now have over 100 problems I never had until then.  What an incredible legal poison.  The only reason I started taking daily wad because the prescription said to and it was beginning to make my insomnia worse so I did because melatonin wasn't working.

You are right.. it is a legal poison. I can't even imagine the pain you must be going through. Doctors don't even think twice before giving this medicine and worst part is that they don't even inform you properly about the drug and damage it can cause in your body. I have lost faith in doctors due to their stupidity like this.

I think one can recover to a degree but once I felt like I had a stroke during a brain zap and I got severely confused last November I knew I'd never be the same.  This was the only medication I had ever taken besides a muscle relaxer or antibiotics.  After that zap I couldn't comprehend anything or follow conversation,  anything,  then my vision problems came in and then a few days before Christmas my eyes were stinging just like the rest of my body and Christmas eve I had starbursts around lights then my vision quality declined a couple weeks later.  I later realized that was my optic nerve cells dying and they'll never come back,  that's just the way it is.  I got an orange pixilated look in the air for weeks then it went away and now I don't see sunset orange sunlight the same and halos around all lights including the sun.  Edges of letters or just edges if things aren't as sharp and from all I've researched the gaba receptors are responsible for this.  My brain just hurt for two months and no headache medicine would do anything.  Pretty sure that was glutemate killing my brain cells, electric shocks in my brain,  thought I had MS and was schizophrenic.  Oh wait,  nope, neither,  just 5 months after quitting something my brain is still suffering.  Brutal for sure,  looking back I'm like holy  @#$%, was there anything I could have done during this...I still at this time didn't even realize everything had been a result of the benzo.  The crazy thing was that when I had that stroke like zap, all the paranoia and crazy hallucinations went away.  So basically my imagination said "see ya!"  I've gotten better but literally have lapses in time or just totally forget I just did something.  Not as bad as it was a month or two after the zap, I would like literally start taking my pants off in my kids bedroom instead if dressing her or left the fridge open and be setting things everywhere trying to make breakfast.  I literally thought,  ok, this is it,  37 years old,  had a high paying job a year ago,  worked my ass off my whole life and now I've got MS or dementia.  But now realize I just destroyed my brain and body trying to get some extra sleep and am 10% the person I was just over a year ago.  But anyways.... fully recover... I'm optimistic but was doomed after several weeks of consistent use,  personally.  I think I could have maybe reinstated valium and tapered to mitigate the glutemate surges from doing as much damage.  I certainly wish I had tried.

Most people heal completely.  I had a seizure at work from interdose w/d in 2012 which caused brain damage and I've never been the same since.  Interdose w/d is when the benzo wears off and you have anxiety and other symptoms until you take the next dose.  Tolerance w/d is when the benzo stops working and the opposite happens:  The symptoms you were trying to treat get worse. 

I had interdose WD and tolerance WD at the end,  looking back but had no clue what was happening at the time since I only took it at night,  I would be manic during the day.

I think one can recover to a degree but once I felt like I had a stroke during a brain zap and I got severely confused last November I knew I'd never be the same.  This was the only medication I had ever taken besides a muscle relaxer or antibiotics.  After that zap I couldn't comprehend anything or follow conversation,  anything,  then my vision problems came in and then a few days before Christmas my eyes were stinging just like the rest of my body and Christmas eve I had starbursts around lights then my vision quality declined a couple weeks later.  I later realized that was my optic nerve cells dying and they'll never come back,  that's just the way it is.  I got an orange pixilated look in the air for weeks then it went away and now I don't see sunset orange sunlight the same and halos around all lights including the sun.  Edges of letters or just edges if things aren't as sharp and from all I've researched the gaba receptors are responsible for this.  My brain just hurt for two months and no headache medicine would do anything.  Pretty sure that was glutemate killing my brain cells, electric shocks in my brain,  thought I had MS and was schizophrenic.  Oh wait,  nope, neither,  just 5 months after quitting something my brain is still suffering.  Brutal for sure,  looking back I'm like holy  @#$%, was there anything I could have done during this...I still at this time didn't even realize everything had been a result of the benzo.  The crazy thing was that when I had that stroke like zap, all the paranoia and crazy hallucinations went away.  So basically my imagination said "see ya!"  I've gotten better but literally have lapses in time or just totally forget I just did something.  Not as bad as it was a month or two after the zap, I would like literally start taking my pants off in my kids bedroom instead if dressing her or left the fridge open and be setting things everywhere trying to make breakfast.  I literally thought,  ok, this is it,  37 years old,  had a high paying job a year ago,  worked my ass off my whole life and now I've got MS or dementia.  But now realize I just destroyed my brain and body trying to get some extra sleep and am 10% the person I was just over a year ago.  But anyways.... fully recover... I'm optimistic but was doomed after several weeks of consistent use,  personally.  I think I could have maybe reinstated valium and tapered to mitigate the glutemate surges from doing as much damage.  I certainly wish I had tried.

Oh God... Thats really horrible. How are you doing now?

Most people heal completely.  I had a seizure at work from interdose w/d in 2012 which caused brain damage and I've never been the same since.  Interdose w/d is when the benzo wears off and you have anxiety and other symptoms until you take the next dose.  Tolerance w/d is when the benzo stops working and the opposite happens:  The symptoms you were trying to treat get worse.

Thats horrible. How are you doing now after getting off all benzos now

Oh no... How are you now?