Burning is getting worse. I’m in such distress.

[jo...]

For the past 3 days I’ve had horrible burning skin, legs, arms, scalp, worse than I remember. I’ve been tapering since 7-30 at 10% less  of my .25 x dosage (0.06ml of liquid compounded dosage, 3x per day).  I was actually starting to feel a little better at times on some days. but lately it’s just gotten so bad. I don’t understand. It seems tapering makes things worse. I was on the x for 2 months and has some interdose burning… that’s when I wanted off this poison. I was hoodwinked into taking it for anxiety.  The past few days have been so painful with no relief, the burning is intense. I am holding this month since my CNS is not yet stable.  I am suffering and feel such anguish that I can’t get relief.  I pray a lot and take the hot baths, cold showers, use ice packs and tell myself that it’s the nerves healing… but this is worse than I’ve ever felt. I’m guess I’m getting more waves than windows. I feel broken and in despair. Maybe this is a horrible wave?  Please advise what else can I do? It feels like my brain is on fire. I need a miracle. 🙏🥲

I so sorry you're suffering.  I hear your anguish.  My tapering seems to worsen things, too.  I'm only about a month in.  I also have pretty good days mixed in.  When my face or skin really burns, or is super hot, I use witch hazel on a cotton pad or cloth and apply it.  It may be relief only temporarily, but maybe it's worth a try. I rub the which hazel on my neck and scalp, ears..etc.  Mine seems like a super hot fever or something.  You are in my prayers.

Thank you so much for your encouragement Widesky. I’m so sorry that you are going through this as well. It truly is the worst thing I’ve ever endured. I had no idea about this medicine. I blame myself for not researching. It’s very distressing to even be in this battle. I will use some of your helpful ideas. I pray you will find renewed strength and healing as well. Bless you! 🙏❤️

JJ,

I am so sorry you are suffering.  truly.  I have the burning symptom as well and it is a beast to battle each day.  Please know you aren't doing anything wrong -- its just the cards you've been dealt in this shitty game of benzo poker.  I don't know if it is at all helpful to imagine the burning as your nerves actually healing --- sometimes (rarely- ha) this can calm me down a bit. 

wishing the best for you!

JJ,

I am so sorry you are suffering.  truly.  I have the burning symptom as well and it is a beast to battle each day.  Please know you aren't doing anything wrong -- its just the cards you've been dealt in this shitty game of benzo poker.  I don't know if it is at all helpful to imagine the burning as your nerves actually healing --- sometimes (rarely- ha) this can calm me down a bit. 

wishing the best for you!

Thank you so much 300days. It truly is a battle of the mind and body. I’m so disappointed that I didn’t research this medicine. I had no idea, and my doc didn’t warn me.  I’m so sorry that you are enduring the same. I pray you are right about the nerves healing which results in the burning. I just thought I was doing a little better. Maybe it’s a big wave. I’ve been under a lot of work stress lately so that’s probably adding to the burning. It truly feels like acid in my veins while sitting in a hot sauna. I pray we both heal soon! Bless you! 💛

yeah, that is a great description of it.  I see from your posts it has been your main symptom from the beginning.  its a rough one for sure - but it ABSOLUTELY is the nerves healing --- you've got this

yeah, that is a great description of it.  I see from your posts it has been your main symptom from the beginning.  its a rough one for sure - but it ABSOLUTELY is the nerves healing --- you've got this

Thank you again 300days for your kind encouragement.

I appreciate it so much. Bless you with continued healing and restoration. ❤️

I receive your prayers and love and I want you to know I'm sending them back.  I will remember you in my daily petitions to God.  I wish I could take the pain away from you with a magic wand.

You must stop tearing yourself apart with self-blame about not researching this shitty medicine/poison...I can assure you that hardly anyone on this forum researched benzos before taking them. Plus, the drug manufacturers do not give honest information about it..they didn't publish any information about the addictive quality of Xanax 26 years ago when I was prescribed it for panic and anxiety, and when Pfizer, the manufacturer did publish a study on it years later, they were deceptive and withheld the long term side effects of use and only published some of the short-term side effects from only 2-4 weeks of use which didn't look like central nervous system injury.  We have all been lied to and duped.  Please stop blaming yourself.  Sending love and healing!

We are going to  get through this, I know it's like being nailed to the cross with the daily pain you're enduring.

I receive your prayers and love and I want you to know I'm sending them back.  I will remember you in my daily petitions to God.  I wish I could take the pain away from you with a magic wand.

You must stop tearing yourself apart with self-blame about not researching this shitty medicine/poison...I can assure you that hardly anyone on this forum researched benzos before taking them. Plus, the drug manufacturers do not give honest information about it..they didn't publish any information about the addictive quality of Xanax 26 years ago when I was prescribed it for panic and anxiety, and when Pfizer, the manufacturer did publish a study on it years later, they were deceptive and withheld the long term side effects of use and only published some of the short-term side effects from only 2-4 weeks of use which didn't look like central nervous system injury.  We have all been lied to and duped.  Please stop blaming yourself.  Sending love and healing!

We are going to  get through this, I know it's like being nailed to the cross with the daily pain you're enduring.

Thank you so much WideSky,

Have you ever had anxiety just wash over them out of nowhere?

It seems that I am experiencing Anxiety that is a different anxiety than what I was prescribed my .25X for. I’m tapering since the end of July, after 2 months use , and have the burning skin and scalp as my worst symptom, but lately this feeling of anxiety and fear washes over me while working on the computer at work, or driving, or talking with someone in the hallway.  I’m also feeling depression that I’ve never experienced.  I think I’m becoming so worn out with the burning and then stress at work. The burning is wearing on me physically and mentally. But, this anxiety is a bit different and makes me feel frightened and like I am not right.  It’s a terrible feeling. And then I was reading some of the Ashton manual, and I’m so worried about protracted withdrawals and acute and the difficulties of recovery. Although I am a short time user at a low dose, but I’m having a hard time. I pray so much for relief and healing. Lord, please let me keep my mind and restore my body. I pray for your total restoration as well Widesky and for those of us going through this torment and pain. Bless you. 🙏

Yes Jack.  I have the same exact type of anxiety wash over me as well, like nothing I've ever felt before so it does make me feel like there is something seriously wrong with me.  I know that this is just a side effect of withdrawal.  Each time it hits, I feel powerless over the mental distress.  Anxiety, terror, weird thoughts, negative fear-based thoughts, hopelessness.  At the time I am writing this I have numbness in my face, I had terrible burning eyes and ears this morning. It feels like a high fever.  We are going to get through this, the only way out is through!  Even though I feel very separate from my emotions(depersonalization), I know deep inside me there is a place that knows we are going to make it.

I marvel at those who can hold jobs going through this, like yourself.  I am totally bedridden some days and feel weak and drugged up, hazy thoughts, tremors, blah, blah, blah.  We all care about each other here and are in this together.  It is brutal, but I am determined to win this war.  It hurts when others don't have a clue what we're going through,  I hope you have some support from people in your life.  God hold you and keep you.

Jack and wide sky

I can totally relate and I experience this WHOOSH of burning/agitation coming over me as a form of akathesia -- or an internal agitation......it can bring with it intrusive thoughts, looping, negavity, deep fear or terror........and it does wash right over us and leave us trembling and feeling broken.......it is our poor CNS just way over taxed and trying to heal.......

Yes Jack.  I have the same exact type of anxiety wash over me as well, like nothing I've ever felt before so it does make me feel like there is something seriously wrong with me.  I know that this is just a side effect of withdrawal.  Each time it hits, I feel powerless over the mental distress.  Anxiety, terror, weird thoughts, negative fear-based thoughts, hopelessness.  At the time I am writing this I have numbness in my face, I had terrible burning eyes and ears this morning. It feels like a high fever.  We are going to get through this, the only way out is through!  Even though I feel very separate from my emotions(depersonalization), I know deep inside me there is a place that knows we are going to make it.

I marvel at those who can hold jobs going through this, like yourself.  I am totally bedridden some days and feel weak and drugged up, hazy thoughts, tremors, blah, blah, blah.  We all care about each other here and are in this together.  It is brutal, but I am determined to win this war.  It hurts when others don't have a clue what we're going through,  I hope you have some support from people in your life.  God hold you and keep you.

Thank you again Widesky,

Sadly I don’t really have anyone to help me as my family members passed away tragically years ago.  I have a few friends that know what I’m going through and they think my burning skin and symptoms are due to anxiety and not the Benzos and that I need counseling.  So I’ve learned that they will never understand and aren’t going to be very supportive, and they think it’s all in my head, sadly. I feel very alone going through this and my anxiety is heightened and now I’m feeling the depression from the discomfort and discouragement. I’m so thankful for these forums and those that encourage us, but I have to be careful about the horror stories that bring me more anxiety and feeling of hopelessness, like we won’t recover. There are many stories of people that are still suffering years after coming off the meds. It makes me very distressed reading those. My stress from work (computer programmer) makes things very hard as well. I simply just want the burning to stop and for healing to come. I call on Jesus all through the day. Everyday I speak healing over my mind and body and to heal my broken spirit. I’m just so upset that I ever took the X. I trusted my doc. Although I was on it for only 2 months at .25 1 per day, these withdrawals are horrible.  Each day is a battle. Lord, I pray for our healing. I’m so worried that I won’t heal. My spirit feels broken today. Thank you for your encouragement.  I hope you feel better soon!  Bless you my friend. . 🙏❤️

Jack and wide sky

I can totally relate and I experience this WHOOSH of burning/agitation coming over me as a form of akathesia -- or an internal agitation......it can bring with it intrusive thoughts, looping, negavity, deep fear or terror........and it does wash right over us and leave us trembling and feeling broken.......it is our poor CNS just way over taxed and trying to heal.......

Thank you 300days,

You describe the feeling I’ve felt exactly. It’s so hard sometimes and I pray for our healing and restoration. Sometimes I feel a sickness in my gut from the overwhelming distress.

I want this medicine out of me, yet we have to taper which makes me think I am damaging myself even more which brings on more fear and despairs toon. I wish there was something we could take to help us. I’m so sorry you are enduring the same. I pray for our healing and restoration. Bless you! ❤️

jack when did the burning/agitation begin for you?

300days,

It began as I started tapering. I took the .25x for a few months during a period of high stress. I didn’t take it on some days and started getting burning on my arms and scalp which I then realized I was having interdose withdrawals. I found out about the interdose WD via this forum. I had no idea! My pdoc didn’t tell me anything about this medicine. Once I realized why I was having the burning symptoms, I wanted off the medicine. So, a BB advisor told me it would be best to get stable on my dose at 10% less, so I’ve been holding at that dosage (10%cut) for two months trying to get stable.

The burning really flared once I started the taper. It’s not as bad as it was from the start, but I’m still having the issue and now the heightened anxiety because of the stress of it all. I hope to cut another 5% at the end of the month and continue the taper.  I just want off this medicine and pray for relief.

It’s so hard that I was only on this for 2 months and will have to taper even longer.

I almost wish I would have just stopped the medicine when I realized about the interdose.

The burning is my worst symptom and it’s starting to really get to me with a different type of anxiety and fear, along with a depression, which I didn’t have before.  This truly is a battlefield of the mind. I’m so sorry you are having the anxiety and stress of it all as well. It’s so distressing, but thank goodness we can support one another on this forum.  Bless you. 🙏

So sorry you are dealing with this.  Absolutely had that for a good long bit.  At first, it was burning internally but eventually, skin burned and even felt a bee sting sensation.  Extremely agitated - hard not to be.  This eventually got much better for me after my c/o to Valium.  However, prior to that, I was able to get some relief by 1) being careful what I put on my skin (couldn't tolerate a lot of soaps, lotions, creams),  2) slathering myself with sesame or almond oil.  It ruined my clothes that I wore during that time but I was able to get much relief by it and it helped a lot. 

I hope you find some relief.  It's a common but horrid symptom.  Hang in there!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Just wanted to say you are not alone. I have it too. Have you tried anything that is working for you? My throat, mouth, insides burn as I go forward in my taper and it is just the beginning. There must be something natural we can do to help the symptoms. If it has gone away or reduced for you please let me know. That will be encouraging.