10 plus years protracted this far

[La...]

Hello everyone 👋 nice to meet you all. Here is a very brief summary of my story for introduction purposes. I am currently 34 years old. When I was 22 I started taking 2 mg of Klonopin which

I took for a little over a year. I went through a cold turkey at a detox center and proceed to become very unwell. About 5 months later my Dr reinstated me on to valium to try to give me a "proper taper". I had an extremely adverse reaction to that and gradually increased the dose over 2 weeks until I ended up in a psych ward for two months then travel over half way across the country to see a hack of doctor. I spent approximately 8 years in isolation too terrified to come in a forum ( my first time in over 9 years).  I have experienced hell on a level I did not know existed. I have been in a transition for approximately 4 years- initially with extreme shaking and a plethora of new/ old systems appearing ect. Now I am leaving the house and trying to engage in life more which seems to help a lot though I still don't have any friends and am living with my family. I am hear for support, to learn and to push myself to engage in life more.

Hi there, Larry Likely.  Welcome to BenzoBuddies. 

I'm so very sorry to hear of your protracted injury to benzos and that it has taken so much away from you over the years.  You certainly have found a good place of support.  We have Buddies who are at various places in their healing and withdrawal, but the commonality is that we have all experienced the awfulness and hell of benzodiazepines.  It is very good to hear, however, that you are at a stage in your healing where you are leaving the house and beginning to engage in life more.  I hope that this progress continues and that the shackles of this injury continue to loosen and eventually set you completely free. 

We have many different boards here for our members, so please take a look around and familiarize yourself with these boards.  Here's one link to get you started: Post-withdrawal Recovery Support.  Additionally, if you are interested in the Anxiety Board here is a direct link: Anxiety.  We do have a protracted board for those members who have suffered long term, but it is a subscription-only board.  Please feel free to read more about it here: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=141.0. 

Again, welcome and I wish you continued healing on your journey. 

Best,

sunshine75