Muscle Twitching, Spasms, Knots, Shocks and Tingles

[Cr...]

Hello. I finally got down to 0.25mg of clonazepam and was on my third week last Monday and I started to get uncontrollable muscle twitches that felt like my legs were popcorn popping in a microwave. They have created muscle knots all over my legs. I have also experienced shocks in my feet and tingling in my legs. I have been experiencing the twitches in more places like my face and hands but that slowed down. My prescriber had me go back up to 0.5mg. My taper was from 1mg and I was doing about what I thought would have been about 0.1mg down a week. To give an example if I was on 0.25mg and everything went well then I would have taken 1/4 of that off and taken the rest yesterday or when I felt comfortable. I was tapering down every Saturday but had issues every time I got to 0.25 so I decided to stay there for about three weeks but this happened at the beginning of the third week. Has anyone else had this type of episode? The twitches sometimes get better but sometimes they act up. It’s better than when it first started though. 

Hello. I finally got down to 0.25mg of clonazepam and was on my third week last Monday and I started to get uncontrollable muscle twitches that felt like my legs were popcorn popping in a microwave. They have created muscle knots all over my legs. I have also experienced shocks in my feet and tingling in my legs. I have been experiencing the twitches in more places like my face and hands but that slowed down. My prescriber had me go back up to 0.5mg. My taper was from 1mg and I was doing about what I thought would have been about 0.1mg down a week. To give an example if I was on 0.25mg and everything went well then I would have taken 1/4 of that off and taken the rest yesterday or when I felt comfortable. I was tapering down every Saturday but had issues every time I got to 0.25 so I decided to stay there for about three weeks but this happened at the beginning of the third week. Has anyone else had this type of episode? The twitches sometimes get better but sometimes they act up. It’s better than when it first started though.

Sounds as if you're tapering too quickly.. I've had those symptoms before as well.

Yep, I did have these symptoms.  I would look at my legs and could see the muscles moving around all over.  I could even feel my eyeballs twitching (as opposed to eyelids which I've had before).  Lots of tingling sensations.  Definitely withdrawal symptoms, unfortunately. 

Not as extreme as you, but muscle twitching has been one of my most extreme symptoms. Particularly in the legs and biceps. Had the odd days where it was my eyelid and jaw too,

Thank you all for replying. I feel better now that I know that it’s happened to other people. I’ve been getting massages and exercising and doing what I can to help this situation. I start my taper again from 0.5mg the Wednesday after next. My prescriber put me on Zoloft because she said it would help me to taper and we are going to cut down by .0125 mg every month making it a four month taper. I hope it’s not too fast.