Two articles everyone in withdrawal should read

[Ki...]

[nobbc]https://www.optimallivingdynamics.com/blog/7-important-nutrients-depleted-by-psychiatric-drugs-antidepressants-antipsychotics-stimulants-benzodiazepines-induced-guide-vitamins-medications[/nobbc]

It specifically notes vitamins depleted by your specific drug.

It makes sense that a lot of people in benzo withdrawal have B Vitamin depletion. Those are strictly related to the adrenal glands and could explain why a lot of us have issues regulating cortisol. And it would also explain why people have a horrid reaction to B supplements and B12 injections in withdrawal. Downregulated receptors!

Read this: https://www.hormonesmatter.com/refeeding-syndrome/?fbclid=IwAR27pay-HFV-xlANc_kz0Zu2lg9-R9nCmhysSrqoJ3pMertywZx-qBVXxiw

Specifically the section on paradoxical reactions. It even notes pharmaceutical paradox vs supplemental! Toxicity vs depravity!

Note: I don't think this is the be all/end all of withdrawal. Its just one piece of the puzzle. GABA/Glutamate imbalance is still a part of the problem, but addressing underlying issues is pivotal to healing. GO GET YOUR DEFICIENCIES CHECKED!

Edit: Deactivated commercial link.

Thanks for sharing.

I like the optimal living website, there's some good information to be found there on brain health

Yes! If only I had known about this before coming off the damn pills I could have saved myself half the battle.

• 4 weeks later...

[nobbc]https://www.optimallivingdynamics.com/blog/7-important-nutrients-depleted-by-psychiatric-drugs-antidepressants-antipsychotics-stimulants-benzodiazepines-induced-guide-vitamins-medications[/nobbc]

It specifically notes vitamins depleted by your specific drug.

It makes sense that a lot of people in benzo withdrawal have B Vitamin depletion. Those are strictly related to the adrenal glands and could explain why a lot of us have issues regulating cortisol. And it would also explain why people have a horrid reaction to B supplements and B12 injections in withdrawal. Downregulated receptors!

Read this: https://www.hormonesmatter.com/refeeding-syndrome/?fbclid=IwAR27pay-HFV-xlANc_kz0Zu2lg9-R9nCmhysSrqoJ3pMertywZx-qBVXxiw

Specifically the section on paradoxical reactions. It even notes pharmaceutical paradox vs supplemental! Toxicity vs depravity!

Note: I don't think this is the be all/end all of withdrawal. Its just one piece of the puzzle. GABA/Glutamate imbalance is still a part of the problem, but addressing underlying issues is pivotal to healing. GO GET YOUR DEFICIENCIES CHECKED!

Edit: Deactivated commercial link.

Interesting since the times women are most likely to start benzo's is in their early 20's or late 40's.  Both are times of major hormone shifts in women.

Thanks for the post.

I’ve been researching the same things lately!

Got all my levels checked

Vit D is ok, but could be higher, especially as we move into fall/winter here.

So I’m starting very slowly.

Next will be fish oil, very slowly

After that will be a good multivitamin etc.

Winnie

I’ve been researching the same things lately!

Got all my levels checked

Vit D is ok, but could be higher, especially as we move into fall/winter here.

So I’m starting very slowly.

Next will be fish oil, very slowly

After that will be a good multivitamin etc.

Winnie

Just a note; Insurance pays for my fish oil as Pharmaceutical grade "OMEGA-3-ACID Ethyl Esters at a dose rate of  4 grams per day.  That's the good stuff costing about $100.00 for 120 grams or 120 X 1 gram Gels.  If your HDL is too low they have to give you this at their cost.  The "good stuff" is not made from fish so its chemically pure Omega-3

Made by;  Strides Pharma Inc.