WITHDRAWAL PACE ??

[Li...]

I am going to begin tapering again off DIAZEPAM for the second time in about one week.  :-\

I take 3 x 5mg DIAZ  daily I have made the switch from LORAZ to DIAZ last year and come off Zopiclone completely.

I began tapering off DIAZ few months ago at 1.25 mg every month, it was not a success.

Now I begin again - this time only dropping .5mg at a time - yes it may take me three years to get off completely !

I am super super sensitive to anything and everything pharmaceutical.

QUESTION IS - HOW OFTEN DO I DROP ANOTHER .5MG ???

THAT DR LADY EXPERT SAYS 7 - 14 DAYS ...THAT SEEMS WAY TO FAST FOR MY LIKING ...WHAT HAVE YOU OTHER GUYS DONE?

HOW SLOW HAVE YOU DECREASED??

I am even scared to drop .5mg per month!

I want to drop .5mg every three months - am I crazy - I doubt my Dr will let me go that slow anyway.

I had massive side effects dropping 1.25mg monthly previously and must do it with a smaller dose drop which my Dr agrees with but HOW OFTEN SHOULD I DROP THE DOSE??

Need some EXAMPLES oF your OWN personal experiences plz ON HOW SLOW TO GO

i see from the chart https://www.benzoinfo.com/ashtonmanual/chapter2b/#schedule8

that the recommendation is to drop 2mg of DIAZEPAM every 1 - 2 weeks - IS THIS CORRECT?  I was doing 1.25 every month and had a massive horrendous pain spasm attack that I could not cope with. There is no way I am dropping 2mg ev 2 weeks.

THANKS HEAPS GUYS

I followed Ashton's schedule. I was at 15 mgs of valium, so "dropped into" her schedule at 16 mgs, and followed her down to 5 mgs. I dosed twice a day, as her schedule suggests.

Realistically, though . . . It was too fast for me. The reductions were too big. And the lower you get, the greater is the percentage drop if you stay at 1 mg. I got "into the weeds" at 5 mgs and had a terrible time thereafter. Ashton is a little too fast for some of us.

So . . . I think your idea of dropping .5 mgs makes sense. But .5 mgs every three months seems a bit . . . slow. You could drop .5 mgs every 14 days. I wish I had done that. Things might have worked out better. That seems conservative. But only you will know what's working.

And do you really need to dose 3 x a day? Valium's long half life makes this usually unnecessary. I'm very sensitive to meds and 2 x a day was fine.

Hope this helps.

Katz