Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Anyone with experience of Valium during pregnancy, was the baby ok at birth?

[CH...]

Anyone with experience on a lower dose or 5mg throughout the pregnancy? Was the baby okay, Did the baby have WD after birth? or any long term effects? Thanks!

Meganz was off all meds by the time she got pregnant, but she’s an awesome success story anyway. I’ve seen multiple women who stayed on benzos during pregnancy and had perfectly healthy babies, but those stories are in Facebook groups. Most of the stories here are a lot older, I haven’t seen any  recent ones. I’ll also say… I’m 9 w 3 days pregnant and on .76 mg Valium. I realize that’s a lot smaller dose than 5 mg, but my midwife isn’t super concerned because it’s such a small dose. 5 mg is not a lot, it might be good to talk to your doctor (and if they’re not supportive, find a new one). Being on a benzo during pregnancy isn’t ideal, but I think the potential stress of coming off during pregnancy is too much for mom and baby. Just my two cents. ❤️