Having a horrible time after 2nd shot..anyone else?

[tr...]

Its been 2 weeks since my second dose and I am in hell, and I am desperate to hear from anyone who has had a similar experience and recovered.

My first shot was like 3 rough days and I had fatigue for a week after. I can handle that.

but with this it was weird..12 hours after shot to 48 hrs was rough..had a little reprieve..then a delayed intense fever (of course inflammation with it)..I was out of my mind for like 24 hours after that..no exaggeration. Since then I've had very little windows (hrs) of feeling functional, but its like I'm in acute all over again. So may symptoms I have not had or at least to this intensity for a long time (except for when I have a food reaction - but those usually fade out in 48 hrs).

I was feeling so good and hopeful and almost normal again before this. This is devastating.

Please don't misunderstand, I am pro-vaccine. Under normal conditions I believe it is the right thing to do. And even for those of us in recovery, we don't have another option bc having the real thing is worse. And some in recovery handle the vaccine just fine - actually most.

But then there are outliers like me apparently. Sorry I'm so discouraged and scared. I've had akathisia and burning every night and I'm exhausted.

I need some hope from someone who has gone through this?....

Sorry to hear this Trina. I can't offer any reassurance from personal experience, as I've not had the vaccine due to this exact problem. It will pass, hopefully soon xxx

Well, I chose not to get the vaccine because it’s just not worth the risk to me. I believe and many studies now available seem to agree that natural immunity is just as good if not better than the immunity from the vaccine. To be fair though and not spread misinformation the best immunity according to studies is natural immunity plus the vaccine. So, I can’t speak to the vaccine but I can talk about the actual virus. The actual virus put me back into acute or at least that is what it felt like. It took about 4 months to recover but I did recover fully. Being that the spike protein that your body generates in response to the vaccine is similar to the actual spike protein in the virus one could assume that the reaction and recovery time could be similar to the actual virus in anyone who has a significant negative reaction to the vaccine. That’s my two cents. Try not to look backwards. The virus is no picnic either so it may not have been any better for you had you chose to opt out. I hope you feel better soon.

Well, I chose not to get the vaccine because it’s just not worth the risk to me. I believe and many studies now available seem to agree that natural immunity is just as good if not better than the immunity from the vaccine. To be fair though and not spread misinformation the best immunity according to studies is natural immunity plus the vaccine. So, I can’t speak to the vaccine but I can talk about the actual virus. The actual virus put me back into acute or at least that is what it felt like. It took about 4 months to recover but I did recover fully. Being that the spike protein that your body generates in response to the vaccine is similar to the actual spike protein in the virus one could assume that the reaction and recovery time could be similar to the actual virus in anyone who has a significant negative reaction to the vaccine. That’s my two cents. Try not to look backwards. The virus is no picnic either so it may not have been any better for you had you chose to opt out. I hope you feel better soon.

I had actual covid in December. That was no cake walk either.  It took me 5 weeks to recover from that.

I chose to get the vaccine bc my husband works in a hospital and is exposed all the time..therfore us at home could potentially be exposed. delta is worse than the original. So I was doing my due diligence.

Plus even though we are in US, all our family is in Canada, I need to be vaccinated to see them. I haven't seen my aging parents in 20 months. Nor my in laws etc.

by the way the first shot was I was optimistic that I would have a normal immune response with the second.

So jealous of ppl who went through recovery before this damn pandemic.

Trina, as I have shared with you, I went in for both of my shots while in a wave!  After the first one I felt flu-like for about five days, then after the second one I felt really bad for eight days.  My GP told me that  he had patients that had pretty significant reactions who were not going through BWD!  I recovered and had windows afterwards!

I hope you feel better soon!!!

GG

I had adverse reaction too, Trina. I detailed it under another thread, but yes, I felt terrible. Extremely heightened anxiety, heart palpitations, red rash, worsened cognitive impairment, worsened depression, worsened sleep, etc. I got in June and didn't feel much better until August. I am pro-vaccine and under normal conditions, would have had no qualms about getting it, but I had to weigh risk vs. reward, and I ultimately decided despite my health sensitivities, I would do it anyway, and so I did. It has been rough, but I think better than getting sick from the Delta variant!

I hope you start feeling some relief soon, though.

I had adverse reaction too, Trina. I detailed it under another thread, but yes, I felt terrible. Extremely heightened anxiety, heart palpitations, red rash, worsened cognitive impairment, worsened depression, worsened sleep, etc. I got in June and didn't feel much better until August. I am pro-vaccine and under normal conditions, would have had no qualms about getting it, but I had to weigh risk vs. reward, and I ultimately decided despite my health sensitivities, I would do it anyway, and so I did. It has been rough, but I think better than getting sick from the Delta variant!

I hope you start feeling some relief soon, though.

despite how my body and brain feels, I completely agree with you about risk vs reward. Thank you for your input :smitten:

Trina, as I have shared with you, I went in for both of my shots while in a wave!  After the first one I felt flu-like for about five days, then after the second one I felt really bad for eight days.  My GP told me that  he had patients that had pretty significant reactions who were not going through BWD!  I recovered and had windows afterwards!

I hope you feel better soon!!!

GG

Thanks GG.. always looking out for me - hugs. :smitten:

Trina, sorry you are going through this. I got my 1st two weeks ago when I was in the thick of a massive setback from cold switching to a new thyroid med.  I thought I'd grit my teeth and bear it.  Well initially it was not so bad only had mild arm pain, but three days later it ramped up my already terrible symptoms.

I am due for the 2nd this Friday and am dreading it.  I feel that I could somehow white knuckle it through, but I work and I do not know how I am going to function as the cog fog right now is thick and I am barely holding it together.  Aargh!  I am determined to get it though come hell or high water.

I will post how I feel a week after the shot.  Tatertot, I am glad you are finally feeling better; I was following your comments as I was expecting a similar reaction as yours.

Hang in there, all.

So sorry Trina...We have gathered some survival skills out of this and surely you will apply those and ride this wave like the rest.

This too shall pass...

Bexlan

trina. i have a friend going thru withdrawal that got the 2nd shot and the same thing happened to her. She also had COVID over a year ago. She went back into acute and it lasted almost 2 months BUT she is behind us by about 6 months with being benzo free. She is back to baseline but had a real tough few months. she is not on BB because it's too triggering for her. You are gonna get thru this. Your body is just trying to find balance again. DM me if you want any more info.

Trina, sorry you are going through this. I got my 1st two weeks ago when I was in the thick of a massive setback from cold switching to a new thyroid med.  I thought I'd grit my teeth and bear it.  Well initially it was not so bad only had mild arm pain, but three days later it ramped up my already terrible symptoms.

I am due for the 2nd this Friday and am dreading it.  I feel that I could somehow white knuckle it through, but I work and I do not know how I am going to function as the cog fog right now is thick and I am barely holding it together.  Aargh!  I am determined to get it though come hell or high water.

I will post how I feel a week after the shot.  Tatertot, I am glad you are finally feeling better; I was following your comments as I was expecting a similar reaction as yours.

Hang in there, all.

Is there anyway you could space the shot further apart? I’ve been hearing that it can keep antibodies higher for longer and maybe it might help with overwhelming yourself with more side effects.

It’s important to still get the second dose but maybe extend the in-between period?

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/spacing-pfizer-covid-shots-boosts-antibody-levels-after-initial-drop-study-2021-07-22/

Ultimately you should do what you think is best based on your doctor and your own research. I wonder if I had spaced it out it I would have suffered less, but it’s hard to know!

Damned if we do, damned if we don’t.

I spaced mine out form 4 weeks to 6 weeks apart. Apparently that did not help me, but I know others did well with that.

Keep us posted:)

Trina, lovely, strong, brave & courageous woman you.

I’m sorry you are suffering. You are strong, beyond  strong _ put your lion coat on. The biggest, bravest. Fiercest one in your BWD closet You can do this. Ride this out - it will pass, it will. I have had my 2nd Pfizer shot & afterwards I felt dreadful for a day so I can’t reassure you from personal experience but I do know that you are going to pull through this - you will. Right now your bruised & battered brain is doing its best to convince you otherwise but thus is just your benzo brain - you have to override this fear. You are going to get better. I know this is hell for you & it’s highly unfair. But you are a brave strong warrior - so grab your shield to go with your fiercest lion coat - wear them together & with everything you’ve been through - this one day soon will be one more battle scar. You are healing - you are healing & you will heal.

I’m sorry you are suffering. You are strong, heyond strong _ put your lion coat on. The biggest, bravest. Fiercest one in your BWD closest. You can do this. Ride this out - it will pass, it will. I have had my 2nd Pfizer shot & frr we my dreadful for a day so I can’t reassure you from personal experience but I do know that you are going to pull through this - you will. Right now your bruised & battered brain is doing its best to confuse you otherwise but thus is just your benzo brain - you have to override this fear. You are going to get better. I know this is hell for you & it’s highly unfair. But you are a brave strong warrior - so grab your shield to go with your fiercest loom coat - wear them together & with everything you’ve been through - this one say soon will be one more battle scar. You are healing - you are healing & you will heal.

Wow. That was beautiful writing - thank you so much!

To everyone things started to shift last night. I finally slept hard (still had stupid nightmares around 6 am). Today no burning or vibrating. Fatigue started to lift and my head cleared for a good chunk of the day. Crying has finally stopped too. Ache and shooting pains, tinnitus(mild now) and a some other things remain.

But I will focus on the good that has happened and trust the rest to follow. I had to work the past 3 days. It was quite hard, but today was easier.

I pushed through and got laundry done.

I'll let you all know when I get back to the baseline I had before the Vaccine.

Thanks so much for the support guys. Sometimes we just need love and comfort.

I’m sorry you are suffering. You are strong, heyond strong _ put your lion coat on. The biggest, bravest. Fiercest one in your BWD closest. You can do this. Ride this out - it will pass, it will. I have had my 2nd Pfizer shot & frr we my dreadful for a day so I can’t reassure you from personal experience but I do know that you are going to pull through this - you will. Right now your bruised & battered brain is doing its best to confuse you otherwise but thus is just your benzo brain - you have to override this fear. You are going to get better. I know this is hell for you & it’s highly unfair. But you are a brave strong warrior - so grab your shield to go with your fiercest loom coat - wear them together & with everything you’ve been through - this one say soon will be one more battle scar. You are healing - you are healing & you will heal.

Wow. That was beautiful writing - thank you so much!

To everyone things started to shift last night. I finally slept hard (still had stupid nightmares around 6 am). Today no burning or vibrating. Fatigue started to lift and my head cleared for a good chunk of the day. Crying has finally stopped too. Ache and shooting pains, tinnitus(mild now) and a some other things remain.

But I will focus on the good that has happened and trust the rest to follow. I had to work the past 3 days. It was quite hard, but today was easier.

I pushed through and got laundry done.

I'll let you all know when I get back to the baseline I had before the Vaccine.

Thanks so much for the support guys. Sometimes we just need love and comfort.

Pleasure! So glad you are feeling a bit better. Brave woman you. See that lion coat & shield work wonders. Keep going - you got this xx

Trina, I’m glad you’re starting to feel better. I saw an article on NPR I think that was talking about a study where they found people who had covid and then got vaccinated have the most robust immunity to future COVID infections including variants. It reminded me of you and I wanted to share that info. ❤️

But can members access older discussions to review side effects and outcomes, etc from those members that got the vaccines?

Of course. None of the threads have been locked or removed. Members can still read about reactions and non reactions to the Covid vaccine.

My sister had a severe reaction to the 2nd Moderna dose: stress-triggered tachycardia. She has great cardio and has never had heart issues. She ended up having to be hospitalized because of how bad it got. At one point her resting HR was 167.

The doctor explained why it happens which makes me extremely reluctant to test natural immunity: Moderna and Pfizer had such an initially high efficacy rate because they more closely mimic the effects of COVID19. That means that if my sister had contracted COVID19, it is highly likely that she would've had severe heart problems. Scary stuff.

PG: Just saw your policy as of 09/12. I understand and will adhere to it.

Mare: Went back to working this past week but it was really hard. Not yet back to where I was. Focusing on forward progression:)

thanks for asking :smitten:

My sister had a severe reaction to the 2nd Moderna dose: stress-triggered tachycardia. She has great cardio and has never had heart issues. She ended up having to be hospitalized because of how bad it got. At one point her resting HR was 167.

The doctor explained why it happens which makes me extremely reluctant to test natural immunity: Moderna and Pfizer had such an initially high efficacy rate because they more closely mimic the effects of COVID19. That means that if my sister had contracted COVID19, it is highly likely that she would've had severe heart problems. Scary stuff.

Thanks for posting this - this is interfering as after my 2nd shot I felt ghastly for a day. At the time I wondered if that was what COVID would’ve been like for me.

Hope you’re well :))