Vertigo/dizziness

[Be...]

So, today I’m starting to feel a more pronounced dizziness. Not like I’ve spun around and feel dizzy, it’s more like imbalance. Like I’m about to fall over even if I’m sitting down.

Where my chest and upper abs meet feels tight and heavy, which makes me feel like I’m having labored breathing. Random tingling in arms and legs.

Also, internal shaking. I hate this. I’m so scared. I didn’t think I’d taken enough lorazepam for long enough to feel this way.

Hi Ronin, I am sorry you’re going through this hard time. I my self quit c/t 3 weeks ago and having dizziness since 3 months ago and now its pretty severe where I can barely walk. It’s so frustrating and scary. I have tinnitus 24/7 as well but the dizziness is what bothers me the most. How is your dizziness? Is it the same everyday? Does it get worse or get better with time. Hope you feel better

Hi Ronin, I am sorry you’re going through this hard time. I my self quit c/t 3 weeks ago and having dizziness since 3 months ago and now its pretty severe where I can barely walk. It’s so frustrating and scary. I have tinnitus 24/7 as well but the dizziness is what bothers me the most. How is your dizziness? Is it the same everyday? Does it get worse or get better with time. Hope you feel better

Oh, wow sorry to hear. Mine isn’t that bad, but it can hit at any time and really throw me for a loop. I wonder if it’s linked to the anxiety? It usually only lasts a few mins and normally I can push through it.

I have to monitor my BP and HR and this morning my HR was low (55). Im not an athlete, so seeing that number spiked my anxiety and now im having difficulty thinking, and feeling a bit dizzy. But idk if it’s anxiety, or the HR.

A low HR can definitely cause dizziness if the rate and/or stroke volume is too low to perfuse the brain.  But I'm no athlete and mine is 55 or so upon waking.  I once had a sleep study and it goes into the high 40's when I'm asleep.  If you're stuck on 55 no matter what you're doing, that might be a problem but I think if it is rising and falling throughout the day appropriate to your activity level, it's probably fine......BUT if it's causing you anxiety, it's well worth getting evaluated at least by your family md.

A low HR can definitely cause dizziness if the rate and/or stroke volume is too low to perfuse the brain.  But I'm no athlete and mine is 55 or so upon waking.  I once had a sleep study and it goes into the high 40's when I'm asleep.  If you're stuck on 55 no matter what you're doing, that might be a problem but I think if it is rising and falling throughout the day appropriate to your activity level, it's probably fine......BUT if it's causing you anxiety, it's well worth getting evaluated at least by your family md.

Ah, gotcha. No, it definitely goes up and down throughout the day. When I’m sitting on the couch, vegging, I’ve clocked it as low as 51 beats, but when I go on a walk it can get up to 125 beats. It’s causing me anxiety, because I don’t know if my body has always been this way, is it the benzos, or something else. My chest and back get extremely tight at times, and again…benzo wd or something else?

I’m gonna be doing some tests for the cardiologist soon, and I have a check up in October. Trying to be patient.  :P

I'm glad you are getting it checked out.  My HR is all over the board during the course of the day and anxiety can drive it quite high.  It's quite possible you've always been this way but were never checking it.  I bought a pulse ox at the beginning of covid and man, I was checking that thing every 5 minutes.  It was totally ridiculous.  Chest tightness and shortness of breath are common symptoms of anxiety, but getting it checked out is the way to go.  Best wishes for good results.

Sorry you are suffering. I also have this symptom and just a little over 4 months off. My heart rate was all over the place when I first got off but now stays low. It does rise with activity though. I get a rocking on a boat feeling and it's so scary. Hope you feel better soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Ronin.

Sorry how you feel. I too have dizziness and ringing in my ears.

Your having withdrawals and what you’re feeling is pretty much how I feel. My mind is screwing with me but I challenge it instead of overthinking it.

Go see a doctor if it calms your nerves.

Stay the course and keep strong. We’re proud of you!

Stay safe and peace.

Hey Ronin.

Sorry how you feel. I too have dizziness and ringing in my ears.

Your having withdrawals and what you’re feeling is pretty much how I feel. My mind is screwing with me but I challenge it instead of overthinking it.

Go see a doctor if it calms your nerves.

Stay the course and keep strong. We’re proud of you!

Stay safe and peace.

Appreciate it. Some days are better than others. Today it’s a stiffness in my chest and air hunger. Always some new thing or returning thing.