Psychiatrist finally reached out.

[Be...]

I told her everything I’ve been going thru, and she said it’s either the WDs or the anxiety coming back. She seemed to think being off lorazepam for nearly 3 weeks, it could be the anxiety coming back.

Idk what to think. She wants me to try gabapentin, but I’m scared to try it. Having so much anxiety rn.  :'(

Hi there, I think that many doctors have this idea that once the benzo is out of our system there should be no withdrawals,  atleast that's what mine said after I told her everything. It's sad that they don't acknowledge the people who suffer greatly from benzo withdrawals. I would be scared to get on any other medication too for anxiety because at the end of the day unless you want to take anit-anxiety medication for the rest of your life you are going to have to go through the hell of getting off and staying off. Everyone is different and I can't speak of how you feel because I am not you, but I wouldn't replace the benzo with another medication unless it was extremely unbearable.  I wish you the best and hope your doctor educates herself on benzo withdrawals before she prescribes you anything else

Hi there, I think that many doctors have this idea that once the benzo is out of our system there should be no withdrawals,  atleast that's what mine said after I told her everything. It's sad that they don't acknowledge the people who suffer greatly from benzo withdrawals. I would be scared to get on any other medication too for anxiety because at the end of the day unless you want to take anit-anxiety medication for the rest of your life you are going to have to go through the hell of getting off and staying off. Everyone is different and I can't speak of how you feel because I am not you, but I wouldn't replace the benzo with another medication unless it was extremely unbearable.  I wish you the best and hope your doctor educates herself on benzo withdrawals before she prescribes you anything else

Yeah, she seemed to think since the benzo is out of my system that it’s the anxiety rearing it’s head again. Which doesn’t seem to line up with my research.

Thanks. I haven’t decided what to do yet.

If it's anxiety "rearing its head" why can't she talk to you about your anxiety? If all she wants to do is prescribe drugs (as most do), maybe find a talk therapist who can work through your anxiety with you. I had to leave my psych, who only wanted to prescribe drugs, and and find someone who would help me understand the things that were holding me back in life (anxiety, depression). I've been at this for several years with her I've never regretted it. I'm so much better. imo all pysch drugs do is put a bandaid on your issues. Speaking just for me, I had to grow some balls and face them.

Best,

Katz

If it's anxiety "rearing its head" why can't she talk to you about your anxiety? If all she wants to do is prescribe drugs (as most do), maybe find a talk therapist who can work through your anxiety with you. I had to leave my psych, who only wanted to prescribe drugs, and and find someone who would help me understand the things that were holding me back in life (anxiety, depression). I've been at this for several years with her I've never regretted it. I'm so much better. imo all pysch drugs do is put a bandaid on your issues. Speaking just for me, I had to grow some balls and face them.

Best,

Katz

I’ve actually thought about going to a therapist, but there’s not many in my area, that are covered by my insurance.

You say it’s helped you? Maybe I should give them a call.

From all I have read the gabapentin operates on the same receptors in the brain that are affected by Benzos. Whatever you decide to do is perfect but for a doctor to not fully understand that the symptoms are related to WD I would personally not trust that doctor to make any more decisions for me around medications.

Some people benefit from additional medications and many find they just make things worse. As someone wise says basically three things can happen: it will get worse, it won't work and it might work. I personally refuse all medications and supplements right now b.c I just want to give my brain a chance to heal itself but honestly I have read people on here who took additional meds and are glad they did. Many tried and found disaster.

I lost faith in doctors after this experience, frankly. Even a good friend of mine who is a regular doc (hospitalist) told me that once the drugs are out of my system it should be over. Wow. Just wow. Any one can search the Internet to find that is not the case. Our brains get changed by these drugs. Thankfully it is reversible with time and patience and a lot of pain along the way but yeah, no to letting a doctor direct me blindly again. Hang in there :)

You say it’s helped you? Maybe I should give them a call.

Yes, Benzo. Therapy really helped me. I don't need a drug to deal with anxiety-producing situations and I've made peace with my lifelong depression. Understanding is so much better than drugs.

Best,

Katz

Every drug has withdrawals,  and it takes time to heal, if i knew this back then, as i did on the first time i got commited that i spent 10 months.to recover, I would do the same thing after being punished for the second time being punished like this, i didnt knew back then about psych drug withdrawals,  I ended on benzos to mask the withdrawal symptoms of thorazine and something else, never got better since i got on benzos

Its sad.that the doctors that prescribe this drugs are "not aware" or."dont know" about how hard.its is to come.off from this pills , they work in this field and they "dont know" or worst when they say otherwise,.that its not withdrawal or this and that drug dont.cause addiction, yea thats true it doesnt cause addiction,  they cause a dependence much worst and harder to get better compared to any other kind of illicit drug that can cause addicton

Im reaching 8 months off, nothing could hold back the anxiety and everything i was feeling , until 7 days ago i was in agony,  i woke up days ago and i felt a relief from this overwhelming anxiety and related sx to it, and from only feeling agony, and im on lyrica,  i know that I would be worst without this drug, but its another drug to withdrawal from,  i cant cold turkey on it, because those gabapetinoid drugs gives you a mind seeking crave , i get inmsomnia and other very difficult stuff to handle... but it did masked my symptoms after being 10 months off from a rapid taper of 3 months from 8 mg of clonazepam that i reached in 2015, it was being too much i couldnt even take my bin out  because of the crazyness i was in because of the WD,  if this drug was capable to mask, and hold those symotoms.. its not a drug thats easy to come off, i will now whait some time(years) of recovering from benzos(again) just to go trough another.psych drug withdrawal, this time of a gabapetinoid , so if your still functioning off from this pills, if your capable to  stay away from psych drugs and endure the wd until it gets better, it would.be the best thing to do, if you find yourself too ill , extremely like i was  in 2014-2015,  (im again, but getting better) then its your choice,

Just be aware, all psych drugs have their own WD syndromes, for some it can be hard for some a little bit easier, but all of them have their own bad withdrawals

• 3 weeks later...

I’m sorry you are going they this. For me, anxiety is more driven by withdrawal from xanax which I quit three weeks ago. Feeling much better.

If your doctor “finally got back to you” and had a recommendation to put you on another drug, I’d fire them. You are having withdrawal and it will get better.

Be proud of yourself, we are and stay on course.

Stay safe and peace!

By the way I fired my doctor for the reason I gave. Glad he’s gone!!!

Sorry to say that your doctor sounds like most and hasn't got a clue about benzos. I ended up in the ER nearly 3 months after my CT and was told that WD can last a long time because Valium stays in your fat. Over the next few months I saw a few other doctors all telling me It was just my anxiety coming back. But I've never had anxiety!! Idiots most of them, I haven't even bothered going to see one in nearly a year and unless I'm at deaths door I doubt I ever will.

Going on a new med can help some, but you will have to taper off that and possibly have WD.

Sorry to say that your doctor sounds like most and hasn't got a clue about benzos. I ended up in the ER nearly 3 months after my CT and was told that WD can last a long time because Valium stays in your fat. Over the next few months I saw a few other doctors all telling me It was just my anxiety coming back. But I've never had anxiety!! Idiots most of them, I haven't even bothered going to see one in nearly a year and unless I'm at deaths door I doubt I ever will.

Going on a new med can help some, but you will have to taper off that and possibly have WD.

Hadn’t heard about it staying in the fat. Interesting.

Man, I just want to feel normal again.