Success Story

[Se...]

Hi everyone. I went through 3 years of sheer daily torture that left me bed bound and housebound for 3 years. I’m 3 years out and living life to the fullest.I can’t believe my body survived but here I am. The only thing  that has not healed is that my body and weight gain that started  the last six months of my taper and I continue to gain weight even though I work out every day and eat about 1200 cal. This is the only thing left to heal. I would love to hear if anybody has had a similar experience. Good luck to everybody. There’s no magic and you just have to keep going until you reach the shoreline. Elise

dear set free,

I wonder if we have ever PM'd on messenger -- as I had a very similar experience -- they weren't the road back supplements but a similar operation out of Canada my doc had me on to "help" with withdrawal.  got down from 1.5 to .64 successfully with the supplements then had to stop them and crashed -- had to updose back to 1mg and I am now housebound and walk around in sheer terror/fear.  I am so thankful to know you have made it to the other side-- I just stopped the supplements two months ago and updosed three weeks ago so I am early on in this hell.  can I ask - did you have fear, terror, agitation, irrational, looping intrusive thoughts? 

had you been doing ok in taper until you stopped the supplements?  I am so sorry for what you went through.  how long once you crashed in 2016 did it take you to get off that last 1mg of klonopin?

sorry for all the questions I have just not met another person who has the same story --- put on benzo not for anxiety or psych reason but because of other med issue (you - thyroid/me - antibiotic reaction) then couldn't come off, was put on massive supplements, then crashed -- I could have written what you shared except I'm still in it.  I am sure you are super swamped back in your life now but I would so appreciate hearing from you.  Its hard to believe that those high end neutriceuticals we were on could ruin our taper like this ---- thanks so much for writing in

Dear Elise,

My partner and i read back to your original post and the nightmare you endured as you embarked on your journey to recover.  We relate very much.  I am close to two years bedridden now since Oct 2019, completing my taper Jan 2020.  We are both so grateful to hear that you recovered, (except for the weight gain).  I too have gained lots of weight due to chronic fatigue/inactivity.  But at this stage, I just wish I could 'get moving' again. 

You said it was three years for you.  And then you have had three years of recovery since. 

I know it is different for everyone so I won't ask for more details, but thank you for sharing of your success and spreading hope.

Sarah, new zealand

• 2 weeks later...