High BP low HR

[Be...]

So far I’ve had multiple readings where my BP is 130/90 something, but have a HR of 59. I’m not in great shape either.

Did anyone else experience this during WD?

• 2 weeks later...
My heart rate has been all over, but it's a little elevated around 75-110 even with no physical activity. My BP I think is pretty normal. I hope you feel better, stay strong.

Disturbances in vital signs is very common. Having a heart rate of 59 is GOOD, not bad, unless it is accompanied by other symptoms. And you dont mention that. I would guess that most peoples heart rate goes UP in benzo wd, due to the universal anxiety we all feel. But with benzos, anything is possible.

LOL! I learned that the hard way.

deast

Mine did the same thing. My benzo withdrawal BP was 140/95 with a resting heart rate of 45-55 bpm. It got better later on. Today it was 121/81 HR 63. That’s pretty normal for me. Sometimes the slow heart rate comes back for short periods of time. When it happens it is coupled with anxiety.

Disturbances in vital signs is very common. Having a heart rate of 59 is GOOD, not bad, unless it is accompanied by other symptoms. And you dont mention that. I would guess that most peoples heart rate goes UP in benzo wd, due to the universal anxiety we all feel. But with benzos, anything is possible.

LOL! I learned that the hard way.

deast

I’m always amazed at what new symptoms benzo WD throws at me.

Mine did the same thing. My benzo withdrawal BP was 140/95 with a resting heart rate of 45-55 bpm. It got better later on. Today it was 121/81 HR 63. That’s pretty normal for me. Sometimes the slow heart rate comes back for short periods of time. When it happens it is coupled with anxiety.

Sounds a lot like me. I seem to stay in the 130’s over high 80’s, with a HR of 60’s or 50’s.

• 1 month later...
Yup -- I get occasional bouts of "higher" BP, and yet my HR is in the low 60s. I actually don't know if this is really related to the benzo.

• 1 year later...
Bringing this up as I have the same symptom and haven't seen it spoken about anywhere else. I'm not a cold turkey person but am micro tapering Klonopin and my pulse is low/BP increased even when I have anxiety. Very odd.

I've had both. Fast heart rate is less scary to me because it's a typical symptom of benzo withdrawal and so I know what's going on. Plus, there is medication for it aka beta blockers.