4 mg of valium

[99...]

Hello,

After 8 years taking 20 mg valium per day, I began my taper in January 2020 tapering at a rate of 1 mg per month.  I've been at 4 mg since May 2021 dealing with heavy withdrawal symptoms.  I think I'm as stable as I'm going to be and want to continue my taper at the Ashton rate of 10% every 2 weeks.

I can't cut 2/5 mg tablets to get to the exact amounts.

I'm thinking about using a compounding pharmacy to get the exact dosages if my Dr agrees.

I've seen a lot of taper schedules on members profiles but I don't know how it's was done for the lower dosages. Liquid?

Dry?

I want get started and I'm needing suggestions please.

Thanks.

Diazepam is available as a commercially-made liquid solution for sale in some countries, including the US. If you call a local pharmacy you can find out if they can get supply it and in what concentration. 5mg/5ml is common, which is 1mg/ml for clarity; this can be dosed fairly accurately with a 1ml syringe with 100 gradations, often given to you from the pharmacy with your liquid.

Then there's the cheap-scale dry approach, which is a hassle and a half but avoids any risk of liquid intolerance. Tablets are reduced every day or in batches to a pill weight that roughly equals your intended dose. The scales are junk in my opinion, but the use of familiar tablets is convenient especially if your doctor is not supporting the taper.

Lastly, there are homemade liquids from tablets. Diazepam is pretty friendly when it comes to dissolution with ethanol and water. Tablets can alternatively be suspended with an over-the-counter suspension vehicle like Ora-Plus to make a liquid. Liquids made from tablets are like tablets cut into tiny pieces, pieces measured by volume with a syringe instead of with a cutter.

If you do decide to use a liquid, I suggest combining it with the largest amount of dry tablet pieces that you can accurately create. This is called a liquid/tablet hybrid and can dramatically reduce the consequences of a liquid formula while maintaining the benefits of easy liquid dosing and reductions. Ex. taking 3.5mg in tablets and 0.5mg in liquid, and titrating down on the liquid as desired until it's eliminated, then taking 3mg tablets and another 0.5mg in liquid and repeating this process. I'm doing it as a DMT with clonazepam, but I suggest a weekly or bi-weekly cut-and-hold approach for diazepam.

I hope this helps.  :thumbsup: