Do I need antidepressants again?

[No...]

I have been off of abilify, lexapro and trazodone for about 6 weeks. I have an overwhelming sense of fear all the time that I did not have before I started taking these medications. I don’t want to get back on them because I didn’t feel like myself and physically I was having symptoms like gaining weight and not able to go to the bathroom. Should I wait a few more weeks before I start taking them again? I’m worried about my mental state returning to normal. Does it take this long to feel normal again after being on so many anti psychotics?

Noelle

I have been off of abilify, lexapro and trazodone for about 6 weeks. I have an overwhelming sense of fear all the time that I did not have before I started taking these medications. I don’t want to get back on them because I didn’t feel like myself and physically I was having symptoms like gaining weight and not able to go to the bathroom. Should I wait a few more weeks before I start taking them again? I’m worried about my mental state returning to normal. Does it take this long to feel normal again after being on so many anti psychotics?

Noelle

Unfortunately yes it can and does take a long time to recover from psych meds.Did you come off all these at the same time? If you did it's no surprise that you are having symptoms, but they will pass.

I would recommend going over to savingantidepressants.org. They might be able to advise you better as they are more geared towards AD's as the name suggests. They are very knowledgeable over there.

Hope you feel better soon