Doctor wants me to cold turkey

[Do...]

I’m already so upset that they let me use this medication for 6 weeks now and I did what family and friends told me - distract myself - so I wasn’t dedicated  enough to stop after two weeks and let them know.

Now I think I have an injury.

- Hypersensitive to sound, taste

- Cold/hot flashes

- headache, dizziness

The doctor flat out told me they have nothing to do with benzo WD.

I saw the doctor today and I wanted to switch to Valium and taper.

She doesn’t let me switch and instead wants me to cold turkey Ativan 1mg 1x day and Seresta 10mg 2x day. I am in a clinic.

Sorry to hear that you're suffering, but if at all possible don't do C/T. If your doctor doesn't agree, find another one. Most of these docs don't know the first thing about how to taper off these drugs properly, and it doesn't seem they care either. If you have the ability, I'd search for a new doctor to support you.  You haven't been on too long, but still need to taper, which requires the help of a doctor that will write you the taper scripts and help along the way. Please don't suffer needlessly. A doctor I'm using in PA, but not sure how feasible it is for you given geography and lack of insurance. He does virtual visits and is amazing - https://www.myexecutivehealth.com/dr-david-clements.

Good luck and be safe!

I am taking a different take on this. Going CT is never the safest thing to do but for some people, including me, it may be their ONLY way to get off benzos. People who have completely lost control over their benzo us are sometimes a good candidate for a CT, even though it is NOT safe. This was true for me, but I NEVER encourage people to go CT.

I dont think we know enough about the OPs story to be sure we are giving good advice. Its not clear if he is completely off benzos or not. He mentions 6 weeks - is that how long he took benzos?? Was this his first time taking benzos? Does he take other drugs, including alcohol?

And yes, the floaty boaty thing is very very normal. This is caused, like all wd symptoms, by your brain.