K to Valium late in the taper

[Tr...]

K to Valium?

Currently on 0.17mg K down from 0.5mg (~9 years of daily use)

I have been doing a daily micro taper with ok success. I taper the smallest amount my scale will measure every 4 days.

Now that my dose is as low as it is (0.085mg every 12 hours) I am having significant inter dose withdrawals.

In the morning before my dose I am very antsy and dizzy. I have trouble focusing my eyes, I feel on the edge of panic. 30 min after my 10 am dose I’m pretty okay.

It starts wearing off after about 5 hours and by 3pm I’m back to the same symptoms. It’s really affecting my work now.

I tried to split to three times a day dosing and had massive panic. 😬

I never considered crossing over to Valium because it seems like a big risk. Now that this little dose isn’t sustaining me as well, I’m looking at Valium as an option.

I’m looking for any opinions, stories, anecdotal evidence, anything about moving from low dose K to Valium.

Would it help with inter dose WD?

I’m so damn tired of this battle. I have been tapering for years already. I gotta wrap this up. I’m so tired of feeling like a space cadet, DP/DR, balance issues, head and neck pain, TMJ problems, heart palpitations, tingling scalp, internal buzzing, blah blah blah.

What do you all think?

K to Valium?

Currently on 0.17mg K down from 0.5mg (~9 years of daily use)

I have been doing a daily micro taper with ok success. I taper the smallest amount my scale will measure every 4 days.

Now that my dose is as low as it is (0.085mg every 12 hours) I am having significant inter dose withdrawals.

In the morning before my dose I am very antsy and dizzy. I have trouble focusing my eyes, I feel on the edge of panic. 30 min after my 10 am dose I’m pretty okay.

It starts wearing off after about 5 hours and by 3pm I’m back to the same symptoms. It’s really affecting my work now.

I tried to split to three times a day dosing and had massive panic. 😬

I never considered crossing over to Valium because it seems like a big risk. Now that this little dose isn’t sustaining me as well, I’m looking at Valium as an option.

I’m looking for any opinions, stories, anecdotal evidence, anything about moving from low dose K to Valium.

Would it help with inter dose WD?

I’m so damn tired of this battle. I have been tapering for years already. I gotta wrap this up. I’m so tired of feeling like a space cadet, DP/DR, balance issues, head and neck pain, TMJ problems, heart palpitations, tingling scalp, internal buzzing, blah blah blah.

What do you all think?

May I ask how long you have tried dosing 3x a day? For me it was really bad for three days but then it started to level out.

I tried three times a day for about a week - first panic attack I’d had in a long time!

It was also right before a family vacation, so there was added stress. I wonder with my dose so low already, if taking it to every 8 hours would be worse symptoms just due to the lower concentration of drug at the peak.

Hi Tree-

Do you have an idea about daily rate and percentages based on your cuts? Sometimes.001g seems small but when you figure the percentages of your dose it can get to be a much bigger cut as you go down in the lower number. Some have a harder time at the lower doses and have to taper 3-5% a month. making sure to check percentages every month with the new dose so as not to go over those percentages.

I have been aiming for a 2% decrease per month. I’m on K 0.125mg tablet that weighs 0.2g each.

I usually taper over weeks 1-2 very slowly, then stabilize the second 2 weeks (timed with hormone cycle 😬)

Faster than 2% wrecks me