This is why healed people leave (drama)

[Me...]

I was in a Facebook group trying to share my story and provide hope to people

And there was a post of tons of people (20+) badmouthing a member who wasn’t even there to defend herself

Calling her all sorts of names, for whatever reason

I stepped in - told everyone that bullying is not ok and what they were doing was 100x worse than what ever it was that she did.

And I got told to leave. Lol.

I said “I’m healed, you sure you want me to leave?”

And the response I got was “maybe you should go back on the meds if you don’t agree with us” and “I don’t want to heal if it means I’ll end up like you”

All because I tried to break up this bullying and told people it wasn’t ok to collectively badmouth someone

Reported to the admin who told me to get over it and grow up, and to scroll past if I don’t like something.

(Mind you, this was some of the worst bullying I’ve ever seen. Which is why I tried to intervene. Admin didn’t do shi* about it)

I deleted all FB benzo groups and left. Refuse to waste my breath helping anyone there

Then kinda realized this is why healed people leave. On FB anyway, like why would I stick around if people aren’t going to be respectful?

Maybe back when I was struggling I didn’t care. But now? It’s a waste of time and I have better things to do.

Just thought I’d share. Don’t treat healed people badly or they will move on

I remember being so desperate to hear success stories and have healed people come comfort me. And now I’m just laughing at how ridiculous it is for someone to try and bully a healed person. Their loss

• Like 1

Thank you for being proactive and stepping into this terrible situation. Bullying is not OK anywhere. I'm sorry you were treated so badly. This reflects very poorly on the group and the leaders of it.

We are thrilled to have people come and share their healing, most of us hung onto Success Stories while in the throes of withdrawal. I know I did.

pianogirl  :smitten:

I did too!! I’ll stick around here. Just wanted to share. Such an odd experience. The group itself is very depressing and not much hope is offered. I can see why!

Thank you for being proactive and stepping into this terrible situation. Bullying is not OK anywhere. I'm sorry you were treated so badly. This reflects very poorly on the group and the leaders of it.

We are thrilled to have people come and share their healing, most of us hung onto Success Stories while in the throes of withdrawal. I know I did.

pianogirl  :smitten:

Couldn't of said it better myself.

That shows character Meganz +1 props.