Tempted to take a lorazepam.

[Be...]

I know what I’m going thru is mild compared to many of the stories I see on here, but…last night was bad. On top of frequent panic attacks that leave me feeling helpless, I’m not sleeping well, and dealing with almost constant anxiety.

I know lorazepam won’t fix these problems…but I’m tired of feeling like crap.

You didn't take any lorazepam, that speaks to your strength. So early off benzos can bring on some very strong symptoms.  I remember wondering if I would feel relief if I took a benzo, in the early days of recovery. Luckily I responsibly disposed off all benzos once I completed my taper. 

Do you have ways to distract yourself from symptoms. I had my 'bag of tricks' that I used daily and sometimes nightly.  Things that helped me were reading easy going books, watching easy going movies, doing puzzles, crosswords and using white noise at night.

It's about taking one moment, one hour, one day at a time.  Being patient and accepting the process was hard for me, but necessary.

pianogirl  :smitten:

You didn't take any lorazepam, that speaks to your strength. So early off benzos can bring on some very strong symptoms.  I remember wondering if I would feel relief if I took a benzo, in the early days of recovery. Luckily I responsibly disposed off all benzos once I completed my taper. 

Do you have ways to distract yourself from symptoms. I had my 'bag of tricks' that I used daily and sometimes nightly.  Things that helped me were reading easy going books, watching easy going movies, doing puzzles, crosswords and using white noise at night.

It's about taking one moment, one hour, one day at a time.  Being patient and accepting the process was hard for me, but necessary.

pianogirl  :smitten:

Thanks. :) I do have my favorite distractions, but sometimes the symptoms persist (last night it was tingling hands/face, followed by high BP).

And there’s this part of me that wonders if it’s benzo withdrawal or worsening anxiety.

I cant suggest what might specifically help you, but throwing away your leftover benzo can't hurt. I doubted if I would have the will power to take just one if times got rough, so I tossed the rest of the script. I'm glad I did. That forced md to explore other options.

Just a thought.  ;)

Katz