Smoothie Recipe for those who are having trouble getting food down

[ci...]

Hi all,

I'm new here, but I've been going through a wave recently after holding on my taper for a long time and going through some stressful travel stuff. As a result, I'm taking a break from my hectic life and going all out on recovery.

I'm lucky to have a large support system, and one of the brightest spots is my aunt. She's been through many anxiety/depression related hiccups in her life and I'm benefiting from the wisdom that she's accrued through a lot of trial and error with different methods of alleviating these feelings. Happy to say that she's been doing great for a while now, so I trust her advice.

So far what she's told me has been most of the same advice that any good therapist or psychiatrist will give you. Meditation, exercise, clean eating, etc. (all very helpful of course!).

But I was having trouble eating last week, so I asked for a smoothie recipe. Smoothies are easy because you can just casually sip on them over the course of an hour or so. She had one primed and ready and it has helped me come out of this funk quite a bit, so maybe it will help you too! After consuming it, my brain fog tends to lift quite a bit. Not surprising, as most of the ingredients are specifically targeted at brain health.

Here it is:

Bulletproof Unflavored Collagen Protein Powder

Coconut Oil (Refined/filtered) 1-2 tablespoons

Oat Milk (1 cup) (I usually have to add more)

Frozen Bananas, Strawberries, Blueberries, and Blackberries/Raspberries

Almond Butter/Sunflower butter/ Peanut butter (I use peanut butter because I really like it)

Optional: Spinach, Egg Yolk, Cocoa Powder (I only add spinach because I'm trying to make sure I get at least some iron because the malnutrition was making me bruise easily. I also avoid the cocoa powder because I'm scared it might have caffeine)

This will give you lots of good fats, protein, vitamins, and minerals. It doesn't taste too bad either! I've just been eyeballing the amounts of everything when I make it and it always turns out okay.

Anyway, I hope someone finds this helpful! I don't plan on checking benzobuddies all that often aside from some success stories here and there, but if anyone replies to let me know if it worked for them, I'll see it in my email inbox.

Thank you so much for sharing this recipe, I know so many members have nausea and have had considerable weight loss so this is very helpful.  :thumbsup: