Weaning Tricyclic Antidepressants - Experience and suggestions please

[sq...]

I'm almost 5 years post benzo withdrawal, 5 months out from weaning off Tegretol and now 40% of the way off of doxepin and really struggling to move past this.  I'm ultrasensitive to meds and am greatly challenged by even small dosage reductions.  Started at 40 mg doxepin (mostly for sleep, a little for anxiety) but found the dry eyes/mouth/vocal cords intolerable.  Slowly (over 5 months) have gone from 40 to 24 mg at bedtime, but even stepping down to 23 mg throws sleep/mood and results in headaches.  Are there any TCAs people have found to be easier to wean off from, especially one that doesn't have such drying effects?  I'm still on neurontin - started years ago to blunt the benzo taper - and will be facing weaning from that as well.  If the body doesn't want to budge from this dose, would this be a time to try a little weaning off the neurontin?  I hate the idea of updosing the neurontin to help with the doxepin weaning, but would do so temporarily if this would be helpful.  My psychiatrist is very flexible about my tapers but input from those of you "in the trenches", who've gone down this road of weaning after polypharmacy havoc, may be more familiar with successful strategies.  Thanks for any advice you can provide.  BTW, this is a good time for weaning ie.  healthy, no major life stressors etc.