Author Topic: 19 months off - yippeeee!  (Read 537 times)

[Buddie]

19 months off - yippeeee!
« on: August 29, 2021, 06:30:23 am »
Tomorrow Iíll be 19 months off - yipeeeee! & here I am still breathing, still here - albeit battered & bruised but still here none the less.  I can not believe Iím still here - literally. There were so so many times when my symptoms were horrific I thought I was dying.  I wasnít - it was just the nasty beast that Withdrawal can be.  Iím not healed as of yet - but Iím hoping to be soon. Iím staying away from the protracted boards & donít even think of myself as protracted.  I just take one day at a time, sometimes, often, one moment at a time.  I survive the day - basically Iím in survival mode.  BWD has just become a way of life for me to be honest - I know this is bad but I honestly canít imagine getting back to being normal - I hope to one day but itís such a stretch of imagination to me to actually think I can get back to pre-Benzoís. I still have weird symptoms & im just used to dismissing them & putting one foot in front of the other.  I still wish I had never ever laid eyes on these barbaric drugs & their torturous after effects.  Oh well - I did & now I have to deal with it as best as I can. Hang In there everyone - we will get there, somehow, sometime. :))
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: 19 months off - yippeeee!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2021, 11:53:04 am »
Congrats and I agree about these Barbaric off label use of drugs.

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2021, 09:15:31 pm »
Bess: you are here and you are alive and it sounds like you have entered the state of being we mention on here - surrender. Surrendering to what is and trusting our body is doing what it needs to in order to heal. Don't give up! And yes often it is one step in front of the other. Progress even if it is slow is still progress:)

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2021, 09:37:58 pm »
Hi sweet, brave Bess.  You have the right attitude and, as Trina said, being able to accept this demoralizing benzo beast journey for what it is, will keep your spirits up and speed you forward to the final window.  You are one of the most supportive BBs on the BWD forum and I always feel comforted when you weigh in and support me. 

So healing hugs and prayers for you from your BB friend,

GG

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 03:52:15 am »
Love ya Bessie xx

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2021, 12:17:54 pm »
Love ya Bessie xx

Love you right back brave lioness you xx

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2021, 12:20:36 pm »
Hi sweet, brave Bess.  You have the right attitude and, as Trina said, being able to accept this demoralizing benzo beast journey for what it is, will keep your spirits up and speed you forward to the final window.  You are one of the most supportive BBs on the BWD forum and I always feel comforted when you weigh in and support me. 

So healing hugs and prayers for you from your BB friend,

GG

Ohhhh sweet, brave, courageous, strong GG - thank you so so much. Your lovely message & kind hopeful words mean the world to me right now. Thanks lovely. Hugs right back to you xx

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2021, 12:24:36 pm »
Bess: you are here and you are alive and it sounds like you have entered the state of being we mention on here - surrender. Surrendering to what is and trusting our body is doing what it needs to in order to heal. Don't give up! And yes often it is one step in front of the other. Progress even if it is slow is still progress:)

Lovely Trina, thank you so much got putting a positive spin on the pit I find myself in - if this is surrender Iíll take it. Especially if itís one step closer to healing. Iím not gonna give up  Thabks to lovely, kind & supportive people like you.  Thank you. I hope youíre doing ok :))

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2021, 01:33:22 pm »
Congs Bess..I will be cheering you right on the success stories tab....
 :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2021, 02:53:13 pm »
Oh Bess, it's so hard not to succumb to the awfulness of what these drugs have done to us.  We will not succumb but, as Trina aptly notes, a need to surrender to the process of getting to the other side is the reality.   It's a sad realization indeed, but one day we will celebrate beating the unfair hand we were dealt.  Hugs and healing moving forward!