Almost out of tempazapam insomnia

[Do...]

I am almost out of tempazapam and can't sleep as I don't have enough pills to take.  I will have to go cold turkey again as I want to quit and tired of being dependant on when pharmacies gives my pills.  Was going to ask a doctor for pills to go cold turkey, but I changed my mind.

Dom do u really want to do this? If u do this is what u need to do.

Get a new script, are they 30mg tablets? Do u get 28 per box?

Ok so then u work out how many u can take a day for the next month. So if u have 28 tablets and 30 days u can take .93 of a tablet a day. Or u can try to stabilize first then teduce.

So u could try 14 days at 30mg a day. 15 in morning 15 at night ONLY.

Then for the next 14 days u could do, 3/4 of a tablet. So 1/4 of a tablet in the morning and half a tablet at night.

Then get ur new script and continue reducing.

Only you can do this but u need to do it properly and take no more than 30mg for the first 2 weeks then reduce during the 2nd 2 weeks or u will run out of pills.

Get comfortable feeling uncomfortable. Sorry but it’s not going to be easy. U are going to struggle. But it’s the only way off. Otherwise u will have to take higher and higher amounts and good luck getting any dr to prescribe that.

If u can’t trust urself to do it the way I suggested get a family member or friend to hold ur pills.

If u don’t have anyone or if u can’t trust urself maybe the only option is ct.

Get used to not sleeping. Sorry but this is what happens when u abuse hypnotics.

Shania, thanks I really want to do it.  I am tired of depending on the pharmacy to get my pills.  I have a family member to keep a hold of my pills.  The pharmacy shorted me some pills because it was the end of my prescription. until I can get more refills.  Thanks for your tips.

I’m sorry but u have hit tolerance. Once they stop working u can only go up. Do u have to take 15mg in the morning? Can u take it all at night?

There’s really no way out but thru. I’m sorry.

I hit tolerance too, I went up in dosage then reduced. I’m still not sleeping much but at least I’m not suffering wds anymore

Would ur dr allow u to have Enid for 1.5 a night? And then reduce? I could try taking the Ashton manual in and showing them?

Anyway u have to try either of the options I suggested because the longer u leave it the worse it will get.

U need to make this decision.

Sorry I meant you could take the Ashton manual into your dr so you can ask them to help ur taper. Then maybe they would give u enuf meds to go up in dose slightly then reduce.

Anyway all the best with ur taper

Thanks I was able to taper today.  I had a checkup in May and my tests were normal.  I went to a sleep doctor and told him my problems.