Benefits of tapering 1 dose instead of 2 at a time?

[Re...]

I'm currently taking klonopin twice daily, once at 10am and again at 8pm around .30 mg each dose. I started DMT using alcohol on both since I was at .37mg and its been working, but I've rebounded at least 4 times once I hit .25mg on each dose.

I am wondering if there would be a benefit to tapering just 1 dose and holding the other one until I'm done with the first.

My issue is insomnia, so If I don't hit a high enough dose at night or taper too fast I don't sleep (at least without an excessive amount of melatonin , when that works even)...

I'm also considering doing DMT on both doses, but just at a slower rate, I'm reducing around 0.1 mg every 15 days (first 3 times I rebound back to .37mg I was reducing .1mg every 10 days, and that was much too fast). So everytime this happened I would have to take a full 1mg to sleep, and then next day restart at .37mg... Now I'm at my 4th attempt but I'm just wondering if its still too fast, since the other night I had to take more melatonin than usual to sleep...

So here I am wondering if its best to just continue tapering the day dose, and hold on the night dose, or reduce .1mg every 30 days  instead of 15... Community thoughts?

I asked the reverse question if I should split up my dose from one to two. Bob7 wrote back and said if the reason you stated taking K was insomnia then keep taking at the one evening dose. If I were you I’d see how it goes. May take a while to adjust.

I read around the forum regarding melatonin should not be taken every night to be effective. Godspeed.

Jut my experience for comparison...

I started in February this year on 2mg of clonazepam, 4x 0.5mg, 6 hours apart. I eliminated one dose at a time, and I never reduced or moved my 8pm dose since I started.

Currently I'm just under 0.9mg/day, dosing twice a day and I still take 0.5mg at 8pm. I almost always get 8+ hours of sleep. I need to decide at some point when I will taper my 8pm dose. If I can manage it I will try eliminating my morning dose entirely, but if this is causing too many symptoms, I will start to alternate between the two doses.

It's all trial and discovery, it seems. I hope you find something that works for you RexV86.  :thumbsup:

Great to hear from you Slow! Thanks for chiming in. I was curious about combining the doses, but also hesitant, especially since I've managed to taper to .25 on both doses before reaching a, breaking point, and having to updose back again.

I did decide just today to continue with my dose at 10am and the other at 8pm, I tried yesterday moving it to 9pm and just that 1 hour switch left me a bit anxious so I'd rather continue on the road I'm on.

I'm going to taper just the 10am dose for now and continue steady on the 8pm dose until that one is done. And yeah take it slow n steady.

Cause its not "just" insomnia, its the anxiety that builds that causes the insomnia. Watching youtube videos on how benzos work on the brain has been a good learn for me. Like:

I read your posts throughout other people's questions and yeah, it's been keeping my head up, because although I've "failed" 4 tapers already, I've learned what doesn't work and it's a trial to find the right process.

Good luck to ya and FYI  I've also come across this great emergency remedy for insomnia that I've only had to take once called Bach Rescue Sleep (its all natural herbs, its a homeopathic 'remedy') and its on amazon...

Almost forgot to mention Dr Nicole Cain on youtube mentioned building a gaba bridge which makes sense once I start getting lower on the morning dose, so that it can start replacing the gaba effects of the Klonopin... I already eat a lot of the amino acids she mentions in her diet, but I managed to snag 2 pills of amazon for a lot cheaper than she sells as well (yes a bit side topic here sorry, but I think she makes sense of it, these things help to build back a natural production of gaba regulation, thought it was worth a mention since any help our bodies can get is great...)