GI issues

[Be...]

For me, early on those were pretty short duration, like 24-48 hours, once every couple weeks. Mostly simple stomach pain and diarrhea, but no nausea or bloating.  It was not constant.

I've had good gut health since April until yesterday.  At 2pm I had diarrhea, and since I've had stomach pain.  For TMI, I just now had a solid bm (2pm following day), but my stomach still hurts 24+hours later though not as bad.  Hopefully it abates soon

Immediately after the diarrhea my anxiety spiked and I slept 1.5 hrs that night.  I had to resist the urge to go to the hospital for the gi issues.  Immediately after the solid bm, my anxiety lessened.  I wonder if there's a link between gut health and wd sx. 

Full disclosure, I just got off an antibiotic and an antiparasitic for a weird bug bite infection, so I expected gi issues, but not the strong wd sx correlation between gi issues and additional wd severity.

For me, early on those were pretty short duration, like 24-48 hours, once every couple weeks. Mostly simple stomach pain and diarrhea, but no nausea or bloating.  It was not constant.

I've had good gut health since April until yesterday.  At 2pm I had diarrhea, and since I've had stomach pain.  For TMI, I just now had a solid bm (2pm following day), but my stomach still hurts 24+hours later though not as bad.  Hopefully it abates soon

Immediately after the diarrhea my anxiety spiked and I slept 1.5 hrs that night.  I had to resist the urge to go to the hospital for the gi issues.  Immediately after the solid bm, my anxiety lessened.  I wonder if there's a link between gut health and wd sx. 

Full disclosure, I just got off an antibiotic and an antiparasitic for a weird bug bite infection, so I expected gi issues, but not the strong wd sx correlation between gi issues and additional wd severity.

Ah, so you think the recent antibiotic you were taking had something to do with it?

I’ve had gut health issues for years, and I’m wondering if my proclivity to GI issues is why my issues are so persistent? Unless it’s an unrelated issue, but I have no idea why it would spring up around the same time I quit lorazepam. It would be quite the coincidence.

Lots of buddies here get gi issues during withdrawal.  I saw one buddy had a theory that gut health and protracted withdrawal were related, but I never saw that gain any traction. 

I had non antibiotic gut issues at the beginning of my wd.  Maybe that's why the duration was shorter.  This time, I'm sure it was related to the antibiotic, or other med. 

I did not have gut issues before benzos.

How are you feeling today?  My stomach pain came back today along with nausea for the first time.  No diarrhea today or yesterday.  Was wondering if benzo related or something else

How are you feeling today?  My stomach pain came back today along with nausea for the first time.  No diarrhea today or yesterday.  Was wondering if benzo related or something else

Feeling about the same. Didn’t go to the bathroom as much, but that could be because I was traveling. Still had a rough bout of stomach pain and spending a good while in the bathroom.  :-\

Still have it if I eat MSG or drink coffee.  For the first couple months it was terrible diarrhea often until I quit eating while hallucinating.

How is it now, Ronin?  Mine went away all week and now is back on the weekend again.

It’s still with me. I’ve had maybe three days in the past three weeks where it was normal. I’m constantly having to drink water to keep from getting dehydrated. I’ve also lost my appetite. Forcing myself to eat.

I’ve lost 18 pounds these past four weeks. But today is a bit better. Little more appetite, and I’ve only had to rush to the bathroom once so far.

I'm sorry to hear that.  If you don't want to lose the weight (as I did not) you might consider picking up some Boost or Ensure.  It's expensive but you can drink a lot of calories really quickly and he helps slow the weight drop.

I'm sorry to hear that.  If you don't want to lose the weight (as I did not) you might consider picking up some Boost or Ensure.  It's expensive but you can drink a lot of calories really quickly and he helps slow the weight drop.

Ah, thanks for the tip!

Well, I need to lose weight, but I don’t want to lose too much weight too quick.