Please help for a friend with taper doses

[Fo...]

Thanks or this clarity.

I assume you can fill them in on the basics from around the forum, the Ashton Manual, tapering methods and rates, etc. I suspect you may already have suggested they choose a steady dosage amount and to hold at this for 1-2 weeks or until they're stable.

What can we do to help?

I'm just no good with percentages and I feel like many get overwhelmed with the manual.  Also pretty sure it's dry pills so they obviously would need a pill cutter. 

Sure, a pill splitter is a great place to start, although at doses below 1mg your friend would need 0.25mg or smaller ODT tablets to take 1/4 tablet reductions in the recommended 5-10% starting reduction range. So if they're working with 0.5mg tablets, which seems likely, pill splitting in my personal experience won't be sufficient to take an accurate 5-10% reduction. I suggest sourcing a good aluminum pill splitter and considering either a liquid/tablet hybrid or a dry tapering approach. Or your friend might be able to source ODT tablets. There are quite a few options to consider before taking that first reduction.

For now, I suggest your friend choose a dosage amount that will be covered by their ongoing prescription and to take it daily. A pill splitter seems like it would be necessary for this step if your friend wants to use 0.75mg/day.

I also suggest that your friend joins the forum. Or else spend some time with you discussing what to share on this thread. We're here to help.  :thumbsup: