Has anyone had vertigo or vestibular issues with any of the Covid Vaccines?

[Mi...]

Has anyone had a return of, an increase in, or a new onset of vestibular or vertigo symptoms with any of the Covid vaccines?

Or with Covid itself?

I haven't had the vaccine myself. I'm just wondering.

Came across this on the VEDA website. This is a very large, reputable, well known support group for vestibular (vertigo/dizziness) disorders.

These are folks talking about vestibular side effects from the Covid vaccines. Some of them did not have vestibular issues prior to the vaccine. It's 484 pages long!

Here's the link to the Vestibular symptoms from the vaccines: 

https://vestibular.org/forum/dizziness/covid-19-vaccine-side-effects/

I think it's important to mention this on the benzo buddie forum because many folks deal with vertigo/dizziness/tinnitus/balance issues when taking benzos, tapering, in tolerance, or withdrawal.

- Miss Fortitude

Hello MissForitude,

I read alot of those posts on veda, because I too developed more dizziness/vertigo like symptoms 4 days after my 1st Pfizer shot. 8/8/21 and it is still lingering, especially more when I'm driving, it's very difficult. It's better for me to be riding shot gun right now.. I guess I'm one of the very few in here who has it. I already was dealing with very low dizziness, headaches, eye strains daily due to Concussion injury back 11/23/18 that put me through hell and out of work nearly 1 year. I believe the vaccine aggravated my symptoms, but stress, anxiety and benzo withdrawal will do the same too. It sucks because I'll be getting my 2nd shot this Monday. Who knows what's going to happen with all my symptoms. Its very frustrating because it's sending me backwards in my process of healing... I have to get it because my work says its mandated. I'll keep everyone posted the next few weeks.

Mark

No spinning, thank God. More so loss of balance like swaying on boat feeling. If it is intense I get headaches and nausea. Everyday can be less or more during my day. But always when I'm driving now. I'm waiting for it to subside, but I'm taking my 2nd shot in a few days. 🤣

No problems for me with Astra Zeneca.  What a relief.  Was so frightened of having it, but weighed up the pros and cons and the cons of Covid persuaded me to proceed.  Very glad I did.  Had 2nd shot a week ago.  Vaccinate, I say.  :thumbsup:

Hello Mark and Miss,

Interesting to read your posts.

I got my first COVID shot on Sunday (Pfizer)and by Wednesday I started getting more dizzy and lightheaded, no vertigo. But along with that came anxiety, palpitations, etc…

Then by Friday, (5 days after the vaccine) I got super lightheaded for about 8 hours, with the worst nausea so far since the benzo withdrawal 8 months ago…

Could the vaccine have contributed to the increased lightheadedness and nausea?

Mark, please post your symptoms after the 2nd vaccine. I am still 2 weeks away from that and scared 😬

Thanks,

Karla

I've been looking at Covid vaccine reactions on this forum since they rolled out in the US in December 2020.

Many have no issues. Some have issues/symptoms that go away in a few days or a few weeks. The symptoms vary.

Hello Karlitok2003,

I got my 2nd Pfizer shot 8/30/21in the morning. No bad side effects just the sore arm, alittle fatigue at night for couple days. But I'm still dealing with my dizziness, off balance more so when driving from my 1st shot back in 8/8/21. I'm probably going to look into doing vestibular therapy at a physical therapy place.

Mark

My first shot was just a couple rough days. my 2nd has been hell. I wasn't going to say anything on BB but I'm going to create a post about it bc I can't be the only one.

I'm pro-vaccine, I've also had actual covid.

But I'm def in a setback from it. Not trying to create fear. Just being honest.

Sorry Fortitude..not what you want to hear probably...

My first shot was just a couple rough days. my 2nd has been hell. I wasn't going to say anything on BB but I'm going to create a post about it bc I can't be the only one.

I'm pro-vaccine, I've also had actual covid.

But I'm def in a setback from it. Not trying to create fear. Just being honest.

Sorry Fortitude..not what you want to hear probably...

Trina,

I'm not on here daily like I used to be. I actually have a block on my phone for bb that my husband has the password to. I had him do that at my request so I don't come on here all the time and start catastrophizing. I check in weekly or so.

There are people on here who have had a bit of a setback from the Covid vaccine. I've been watching those boards. These are not the usual symtoms for the Covid vaccine, but a return of withdrawal symptoms. The setbacks are short though. A few days, or a few weeks. Most have no issues with the vaccine. Some do.

Thank you for being honest. I know you've had issues with Immodium and magnesium, and you bounced back.

You will bounce back from this too.

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to share my unfortunate experience with Moderna. I had my 1st vax Aug 17th and I haven't felt good since. Started off with a slight headache on day one, day 2 - pain in my arm that lasted about 8 hrs and then the worst head pressure felt since years ago, when my benzo symptoms were at their worst. The pressure is unrelenting. I feel it at the base of my skull, upwards behind my ear ( incl ear fullness ) through my temple and settles around my eye ( incl blurred vision ) this is all on my right side. My vision is so messed up that I can't wear my glasses. I get bouts of dizziness, light headed and nausea. Legs feel weak and increases my anxiety to the point where I get chest tightness which affects my breathing. The most frustrating thing about all this is trying to figure out if this is all because of Moderna or was I at the beginning of a wave. Now I'm at a total loss and I'm sincerely having second thoughts about getting the 2nd vax jab.

Anyone else experience anything like this ?

• 1 month later...

Please read the new forum policy regarding discussions about Covid19 or the vaccine for Covid19 here:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=260509.0

They’re following your rules. They’re not doing anything wrong. If people can’t talk about it (albeit civilly) where can they?

We put this notice on all the threads related to the Covid vaccine.  It was not to point to any particular post.  This came after a lot misinformation and opinions were being posted as fact. Everyone is welcome to share their personal experience with the vaccine, I did.