Almost off the opiod now shortly continuing Xanax withdrawal. Feedback welcomed

[Pa...]

Hi gang, I had the hindrance of being on a single dose of opioid in the day that had to be separated from my Xanax at night. This meant could not space the Xanax in a 12 or 24 hour period for fear of the opioid and benzo being too close and bad interaction.

I halted the benzo drop after drop one and focussed on getting off the opioid which would then let me taper and spread the Xanax without fear of interaction. IE spread my 7.5 tablets over 12 to 24 hours.

I'm almost off the opiod so going to keep going now.

I'm not keen on swapping to slow-acting benzo personally and intend to space my Xanax dose during the day etc. I'm on 1.875 Mg a day currently 1 Mg in the evening and .875 microgrammes when I wake up in the night 6 hours later or if still up.

I'm hungry to push as hard as I can to get off asap and am feeling positive but appreciate I will need to listen to my body.

Does coming down .250 every one to two weeks until I reqch one milligram and then coming down .125 microgrammes every week or two until off and .75 etc and then stop seem too extreme?

I'm feeling confident and if the shit hits the fan will listen to my body. But am I in serious risk of seizure etc. If I go this quick?

I'm at a stage emotionally that I have caught the wave of coming off and Don't want slow agony.

It took me a year to come off valium 19 years ago and it's was awful. I guess that has put me off swapping to it. I'm hoping that as my body has only been getting it in the evenings it won't be as hard as when I was taking valium 4 times a day as Xanax clears quicker etc. And I only take at nights.

Again if I hit a wall I hit a wall I just want to know if this isn't an impossible taper plan had anyone done similar?

And how should I maybe spread the tablets I have 7.5 x .250’s to space dose during 12 or 24 hours or could carry on as normal and just take in two doses at night.

Cheers and much love  :)

:D

Paul