Random breathlessness

[Be...]

So I know most of my posts so far have been “I’m suffering x symptoms, anyone else experiencing the same?” I’m trying to not get annoying, but it’s been helpful to me to talk to others going through the same thing.

Since yesterday afternoon I’ve been experiencing this tight feeling we’re my stomach and chest meet, and the feeling of not being able to catch my breath, or labored breathing. Could it just be part of WD?

I’m 13 days off lorazepam.

I personally haven't experienced that s/x, but my niece who c/t a lot of different ADs and K is having a horrible time breathing or air starvation. I've done some searches on the forum and found lots of instances of this s/x. It will go away like all your symptoms eventually, hang in there. Godspeed.

Please don't worry if your posts are annoying.  They are not, and I agree it is most helpful to hear of others experiencing similar things. It's not like we want others to suffer, but there is some relief in knowing you're not alone or "crazy" in experiencing something. 

I also deal with the inability to feel like a deep breath is happening.  Mine feels mostly in the mid-thoracic area, like someone is sitting on my back or like I am wearing a corset.  I had this on occasion during my rapid taper and then it went away only to come back when I had a bad wave around the end of month 7 when my symptoms became more physical.  Unfortunately it as been on and off since then.  I can't wait until this symptom goes away completely.  Hang in there! 

I personally haven't experienced that s/x, but my niece who c/t a lot of different ADs and K is having a horrible time breathing or air starvation. I've done some searches on the forum and found lots of instances of this s/x. It will go away like all your symptoms eventually, hang in there. Godspeed.

Okay, thank you.

Please don't worry if your posts are annoying.  They are not, and I agree it is most helpful to hear of others experiencing similar things. It's not like we want others to suffer, but there is some relief in knowing you're not alone or "crazy" in experiencing something. 

I also deal with the inability to feel like a deep breath is happening.  Mine feels mostly in the mid-thoracic area, like someone is sitting on my back or like I am wearing a corset.  I had this on occasion during my rapid taper and then it went away only to come back when I had a bad wave around the end of month 7 when my symptoms became more physical.  Unfortunately it as been on and off since then.  I can't wait until this symptom goes away completely.  Hang in there!

I appreciate it.  :) I’m sorry that you experienced that, but it helps me to know I’m not the only one. Looks like I’ve got a ways to go. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I had this while tapering and a bit after. It felt like I just couldn't get any air - my worst symptom.

I also have tightness in my stomach area. It used to be constant about 6 months after tapering. Now I only get it when I get anxious. This still really sucks this far out and Im still trying to figure it out. It feels like a muscle, because if I lie down on my right side it seems to help. Does this help you?

I had this while tapering and a bit after. It felt like I just couldn't get any air - my worst symptom.

I also have tightness in my stomach area. It used to be constant about 6 months after tapering. Now I only get it when I get anxious. This still really sucks this far out and Im still trying to figure it out. It feels like a muscle, because if I lie down on my right side it seems to help. Does this help you?

Yeah, lying on my side seems to relieve it. It always feels at its worst when I’m sitting on the couch. Diagram and neck get super tight, and every breath feels strained. Only real relief is lying on my side. Standing up sometimes helps.

• 3 weeks later...

How is your anxiety?

Yeah, lying on my side seems to relieve it. It always feels at its worst when I’m sitting on the couch. Diagram and neck get super tight, and every breath feels strained. Only real relief is lying on my side. Standing up sometimes helps.

How is your anxiety?

Some days it’s alright, but other days it’s really bad.

Ditto to what you said sunshine. I find solace in knowing that I am not alone and that I am not crazy for experiencing all these horrible, bizarre sxs. The tight chest and stomach feeling and the feeling that you can't get enough air in when you inhale is one I know very well. It also feels like it takes a lot of effort just to breathe and breathing should be effortless. Having this feeling all day, day after day, is really exhausting.

• 1 month later...
Been experiencing this a lot too. My breathing exercises don’t seem to help much but I’m gonna keep doing them because they probably are helping, might just be worse without trying. I’m more scared of losing my will to push through the many different symptoms. Hope keeps my going, but it seems fear does too.

Been experiencing this a lot too. My breathing exercises don’t seem to help much but I’m gonna keep doing them because they probably are helping, might just be worse without trying. I’m more scared of losing my will to push through the many different symptoms. Hope keeps my going, but it seems fear does too.

Hold on to that hope! I still get it, but not as often as before!