Burning Mouth/tongue and Nystatin mouth rinse ???

[af...]

Hi All

Does anyone have any experience with Burning Mouth syndrome and using a Nystatin mouth rinse??

I’m know others have had a burning mouth and tongue, but I’m just concerned it could be yeast etc.

My Dr gave me a nystatin rinse, but like everything, I’m a little worried about trying it, or if I even need it.

Any experience with burning mouth and tongue or comments would be helpful!

Thanks

Winnir

• 3 weeks later...
I am also experiencing what I think to be burning mouth syndrome. I can’t get any relief. I am currently trying Vit B Complex and Magnesium oxide. The B Complex lessened it but it still is pretty painful. Have you tried anything that helps?

Oh boy, I had burning and dryness and BAD.  It was a horrible symptom for me and it was caused in part, by interdose w/d (before I knew that it was caused by this).  My whole throat, eyes, esophagus and stomach burned too.  One doc thought I might have thrush and I tried Nystatin.  For me, this only made it 100x burn worse.  I only could take it for a day or two and then followed up with an ENT who said no thrush.  Eventually, my skin started burning even.  I'm sorry you are experiencing this.  I can't say whether or not you should/shouldn't take the Nystatin but as you said, these things are withdrawal related for sure.  Hang in there!