Carlos Castaneda

[...]

My problem with Carlos Castaneda is that although I'm a relatively rational person (Scientific American subscriber for decades) I saw some of the things that he describes in his books before reading them (e.g. the Allies and their shape of two meters high, shining pink-reddish molten candles).

My second problem is that his concept of inner silence (words, images and thoughts) as the main goal of all religions and spirituality ("inner silence, the rest is padding.") helped me concretely during my benzodiazepines withdrawal and the mental horrors of it.

My third problem is that his method of lucid dreaming (to train during the day to watch my hands to then watch them during dreaming to achieve lucid dreaming) worked very well and lucid dreaming is a powerful experience that I do with respect.

His concept of the being as a bubble of perception is very efficient to live with. I remember the feeling of bodily relief the first time I integrated it in my life and the same each time I come back to it, more and more as an evidence.

My final problem with Castaneda is that if he's right about the above (and I experienced it), what about his most farfetched sayings about multiple worlds, the point of perception, the illusion of the humanoid form (we're supposed to be eggs of energy), the invasion of the humans' minds by alien invaders who trap us with their illusion of time to savour our emotions like we drink good wine.

And he's so much attacked as a fraud that I can never speak of my concrete successful experiences of his advices without being dismissed as a fool.

I just wanted to share here that some of Carlos Castaneda's advices helped me during my horrendous benzodiazepines withdrawal.

My enemies are Fear, Clarity, Power, Elderness.

ya me di al poder que a mi destino rige

no me agarro ya de nada para asi no tener nada que defender

no tengo pensamientos para asi poder ver

no temo ya de nada para asi poder accorda de mi

sereno y desprendido me dejara el aguila pasar a la libertad

My problem with Carlos Castaneda is that although I'm a relatively rational person (Scientific American subscriber for decades) I saw some of the things that he describes in his books before reading them (e.g. the Allies and their shape of two meters high, shining pink-reddish molten candles).

My second problem is that his concept of inner silence (words, images and thoughts) as the main goal of all religions and spirituality ("inner silence, the rest is padding.") helped me concretely during my benzodiazepines withdrawal and the mental horrors of it.

My third problem is that his method of lucid dreaming (to train during the day to watch my hands to then watch them during dreaming to achieve lucid dreaming) worked very well and lucid dreaming is a powerful experience that I do with respect.

His concept of the being as a bubble of perception is very efficient to live with. I remember the feeling of bodily relief the first time I integrated it in my life and the same each time I come back to it, more and more as an evidence.

My final problem with Castaneda is that if he's right about the above (and I experienced it), what about his most farfetched sayings about multiple worlds, the point of perception, the illusion of the humanoid form (we're supposed to be eggs of energy), the invasion of the humans' minds by alien invaders who trap us with their illusion of time to savour our emotions like we drink good wine.

And he's so much attacked as a fraud that I can never speak of my concrete successful experiences of his advices without being dismissed as a fool.

I just wanted to share here that some of Carlos Castaneda's advices helped me during my horrendous benzodiazepines withdrawal.

My enemies are Fear, Clarity, Power, Elderness.

ya me di al poder que a mi destino rige

no me agarro ya de nada para asi no tener nada que defender

no tengo pensamientos para asi poder ver

no temo ya de nada para asi poder accorda de mi

sereno y desprendido me dejara el aguila pasar a la libertad

Hi PEM

I surely wouldn’t write you off as a fool.  I am a firm believer in proving and testing all things we come across and holding to whatever is good.

Kindly,

j