Almost afraid to post this.......!

[Ga...]

I am going to post this and hope it does not come back around to bite me on the rear end!  I am now at 17 months and five days post taper from 5 mg of Valium.  I am once again in a great window....maybe the best yet....and love the healing I am feeling!  At my last appointment with my neurosurgeon last April, the spinal surgeon evaluated me for possible neck surgery, but then agreed with the neurologist that my long lasting headaches were related to my use of Valium over an extended period of time.  And, he also (after reviewing my extensive medical history) estimated that my recovery period would last anywhere from 14 to 18 months?! 

So, whether he is right or wrong in that estimate, and whether I am fully healed or just sitting in a wonderful window, I will take whatever it is and be graciously thankful.  I have the proof that a full recovery has come or is coming.  For me and for each of you, dear buddies :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hugs,

GG

Happy for you Garden!! Even if it's not fully healed yet, it sure sounds like you're very close!! I've still got some way to go I think, but gives me a little hope just as I was thinking how many more years of this I have to endure.

Break out the champagne 🍾🍾🍾 (or maybe not)

We will have that magnum of champagne when we are far enough out that we can sip with sheer delight and with no fear of benzo retaliation.

I am pulling you along with me so hold on and hang on....you are getting there!!!

Gg

You know how much I love this posting, GG! 

Even if it it's not the forever window, it is yet another notch on your healing belt and proof that you are getting better, you are healing, and you are almost there!  Keep wrangling those waves like a boss, my friend.  So proud and excited that there is more celebrating and living life happening for you.  Keep sharing the good news!  :smitten:

Wow, this is wonderful to hear Garden, imagine a neurosurgeon understanding benzo withdrawal and holding off on cutting, their favorite thing to do, are we finally making progress on educating our medical practitioners? 

I'm thrilled for you and think you can confidently post this news because it feels like more than a window to me!  :yippee:

GG this is FANTASTIC news!  I hope I'm right behind you!!!  I start 14 months today.  Have had some great mini-windows but they don't last long and now getting some new recurrent GI issues but I am keeping the faith dear lady.  Here's to making progress!