Dry Powder Titration technique for use with small doses

[Re...]

It is complicated but you must take into account the weight of the benzo on the numerator of the equation.

You can use most anything to weigh the powder - just make sure to tare it after you place the bowl on the scale.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, RenewAndRestoreUs.

Thank you for sharing your approach to tapering. I’m glad it’s working for you.

Re:your request for feedback on your approach ...

Given that it involves storing powder made from crushed drug tablets for a long period of time, I thought you might find the interaction below of interest.

Hello all,

Does anyone know that if we had the drug crushed into powder and stored couple of months for later use, would involve the risk of that powder to lose it's potency, as it's not a solid pill anymore ? And basically get more WD from this as you get less absorbed in your body.

I have some big issues recently with the Clonazepam I am taking and trying to find if this is possible or not.

Yes, it’s possible the properties of the active pharmaceutical ingredient in the ground up tablets might change over time depending on storage conditions (e.g. exposure to light, air, heat, and moisture can cause drug degradation).  Another possibility is the powder may absorb moisture from the air over time.  Consequently, a given weight of powder would no longer contain the same amount of drug.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi cerca trova,

That is a good point regarding making sure your crushed powder is protected from moisture. I am using a prescription bottle to store this powder and keeping it in a cool, dry place out of sunlight. I believe the prescription bottle I am using does have a good nearly airtight seal. You could as an additional precaution store this bottle in a high quality zip lock bag for another layer of protection. Or you could store the prescription bottle in a larger glass bottle with a tight lid to make sure that it did not absorb moisture.

Thanks for your comments and best of luck to you on your journey !