Horrible skin???

[St...]

So I c/t from 8mg plus of alprazolam 6 months ago. Symptoms of withdrawal have been all over the board of course, but I have one I haven’t seen anyone else speak about. I usually have great skin, but every since I quit my skin looks like crap. Its oily/greasy all the time. My pores are constantly clogged and I look 10 years older some days but not others. So strange. Just wondering if anyone else has this same issue? Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Hello, I used to have beautiful skin but when I quit I got like cystic acne. It has got some better but still have issues.  Hope this goes away for us.

in my eight years here on BB, I have heard this many times. It happened to me too, something very similar. When I looked in a mirror, I looked....."different." Older, perhaps. My hair appeared to be light brown, which puzzled me no end as it used to be almost black. After I recovered from benzo wd, I realized it looked like that because it was now about q1/3 gray! LOL!

You have benzo receptors everywhere in your body and that includes your skin. Soo having changes in your skin sounds logical to me. I believe some movie star or rock singer once said that his happened to her. And it DID go away. Always keep in mind that benzo wd really is your BRAIN healing. Your symptoms are caused by your brain, so lmost any kind of symptom is possible. My story is proof of that, for sure.

east

I noticed to late that I had a few deep wrinkles from tempazapam.  When I quit three times for a few weeks I looked 10 years younger. Just taking it for 4 days made my eyes puffy and skin bad again.  I have to try to quit in the morning again