Need help and advice tapering off risperidone 2 mg

[Ni...]

Hey all, I read that risperidone really affects sexual function and I have noticed that now since I have a girlfriend, I was on 3 mg for almost 2 years then went to the GP to ask if I can taper off of it and he reduced my dose to 2 mg. What I did next was stupid, every 2 weeks I reduced my dose with 1 mg and the withdrawal after I jumped to 0 was really bad, and after 4 days I reinstated to 2 mg and the next day I took around 0.5 mg and now I'm feeling a slight sickish headache feeling in my brain.

How should I get off risperidone?

Thank you very much

Why are you prescribed Risperidone, I would feel more comfortable if you worked with your doctor on this since we don't know what medical condition you're taking it for.

Why are you prescribed Risperidone, I would feel more comfortable if you worked with your doctor on this since we don't know what medical condition you're taking it for.

I had a psychotic episode in 2018 that lasted a few days and then went away, took risperidone sporadically back then and quit it without problems, then in 2019 had another psychotic episode probably due to head trauma by being beaten up very badly, and was prescribed the risperidone. The psychotic episode lasted for a month or so and came and went. Normal days and psychotic days. Till it completely went away after 1.5 months.

I still feel like you should discuss your wish with your doctor.  I understand your doctor let you reduce it to 2 mgs, maybe you could keep taking that for awhile to see if your condition improves and if it doesn't then talk to him again.

I've heard from members that benzo's can affect sexual function, are you sure the Valium isn't contributing?