Has any one tapered tempazapam how do I taper

[Do...]

I tried take a over the counter sleeping pill instead of my 15 mg temoazaoam, but it didn't work so I took 15 mg tempazapam

This is the proper board to ask for taper advice.

Not many members are taking Temazepam but that doesn't matter since our advice is the same for all benzo's, go slowly and pay attention to your symptoms to help guide your taper.

The first thing to do is take the same amount every day at the same time every day for a week or two, then begin reductions after that.  We recommend 5-10% reductions every week or two but as I said, this should be guided by your symptoms.

Start a journal and write down your symptoms and their severity each day so you can know how to proceed with your taper and if you're improving.

What do you think, can you work with this?

[7b...]

Has any one tapered tempazapam so how much should I start with.

Hello Dom.  Are you new to all of this?  First, it’s so dangerous to wean yourself from these kinds of meds. I had excellent medical care my first time thru. I was not pain free but I was tolerating the reduction of klonopin cuz my help knew exactly what to do from day to day. I had an expert taking care of the wean n my symptoms during the wean. They wd hold my dose sometimes or something else if I had increased intolerable symptoms. Sleep is critical during any ailment but espec in withdraw and recovery. Could we try and help you find an expert that Youre comfortable with. Your hv to interview ur help to make sure they fit you.  You have to like your help. It matters. Continuity of care is really important cuz issues creep in as we move thru tapering from these meds. What do you think?

I am so sorry you’re in this pain but there is a def way out. Support is great but it’s not the same as help. Stay proactive n keep looking into someone gives you Ann entire complete plan of care that includes a wean schedule and other help n therapy to keep u pushing thru any adversity u meet doing the way. Do lots of self care n be gentle w yourself. I will b 🙏.

Thank you.

I think I can wean as I adjust to a new dose in two days

I don't have enough pills to taper over weeks.  I don't need a doctor to help me.  Thanks again

[7b...]

Thank you.

I think I can wean as I adjust to a new dose in two days

I don't have enough pills to taper over weeks.  I don't need a doctor to help me.  Thanks again

I respect that Dom. I’m so sorry you hv this struggle. It’s really hard but it’s not impossible. If u run out there are compassionate drs that will see that ur not in agony. It dsnt matter how u got here,  getting up in whatever way that means to you is what matters. If ur struggling w a specific symptom that u hv to push thru ppl can give u lots of ideas. Keep searching thru them until ur satisfied. The answer is there. It’s a needle in a hat stack sometimes.  Our bodies are super strong n resilient. We adapt to our ever changing self. You might get flooded w diff issues, sensations n pushing thru w support as you need it no matter what that support is will get you up n out. It’s about learning how to respond to things to keep looking forward no matter the insult or injury. Will b 🙏 for you.

I was supposed to taper to 1 a day for two days, but I accidentally took a whole pill when I was supposed to take a half and I still can't sleep after three hours of laying down

I accidentally took a whole pill last night and was up until 1am  I was supposed to take a half.

I tried tapering to half in the morning, but was having anxiety so took another half.  It is too hard to taper.

[7b...]

Thanks serenity.  I appreciate your help.

Dom

What can I do to help you Dom? I am concerned about you 1) not enough pills for a safe taper 2) absence of plan for wd symptoms for increased anxiety n sleeplessness. 3) skills to help manage sensations n wd symptoms.

What you do hv going for you in a big way is ur brother and this support network. Ur brother is prolly most important cuz he’s the most consistent support who can give u honest feedback.

It’s great he has an emergency pill for you.

Withdraw symptoms are tough. Sensations that you hvnt felt before are tough. They’re tough but not impossible. I went thru some hellacious wd for a good 8 mo. and I was hospitalized 5x plus numerous ER visits.  Long story but point is ul survive n ul b ok. You may not sleep for a while but it does return. It does come back.  The thing is to hv support whether it be a person, a skill, a shower, tea…. Whatever it takes to push thru wd symptoms until you begin balancing out.  If the wd symptoms get too bad n u are out of options, the ER is an option. We all hv stories about the ER but they can at least provide symptom relief if push comes to shove. The key to a successful ER visit is to take an advocate. Either your bro or a friend by phone even. I hv gone w ppl via phone. But u can get relief enough to think what you want to do about it. How to proceed. It’s ok if u don’t hv a dr that prescribes. They’ll get you a dr that wd taper u no matter how u got to this point. It dsnt matter. What matters is your suffering. So whatever you can do or want to do to minimize your suffering. Anxiety is completely normal. It’s a main wd symptom. There’s skills n things u can do to help minimize it n get control. Breathing is HUGE in anxiety. V laying on ur stomach w ur arms sl up gives u a good position for maximum lung expansion. Anxiety can’t hurt you exactly. What we do when we hv it can but not anxiety itself. Anxiety is a normal human emotion n it has a purpose. In wd tho it’s useless. It’s as a result of the drug. Nevertheless, your body dsnt know the source but you do.  It’s harmless but it feels like crap.  There’s lots of skills but the most important is to learn what anxiety is. Learn about what normal sleep is.

That will actually give you some relief. Epinephrine is usually released in anxiety It’s responsible for all the yucky symptoms we feel during panic or anxiety. What makes it annoying is anxiety when ur trying to sleep. Sleep is importantn a lack of it has its own set of issues.  A plan on what to do during the night while u push thru wd help. Anything that keeps you pushing forward n thru the night.  No shame Dom. It dsnt matter how u got here, it only matters that you get out. There’s no stronger person than a person in recovery. You’re not here cuz your weak, your here cuz your strong 💪

I can keep checking back more frequently here to see how you’re doing… later tonight I’ll check.  I’ll keep 🙏.

I was trying to taper to 15mg in the daytime, but I had a really stressful event happen so I took another 15 mg so now I have to go 2 days on only 15mg next week instead of 30.

[7b...]

I was trying to taper to 15mg in the daytime, but I had a really stressful event happen so I took another 15 mg so now I have to go 2 days on only 15mg next week instead of 30.

So sorry Dom.  I’m a little confused on what plan u hv for the med itself, how many pills u hv left. This drug has a long half life. Up to 30 hrs which means there’s a delay on when the most severe of the wd symptoms show up…. up to 4 days after your last dose. Does that make sense ?

The wd symptoms are the opposite symptoms of what you take the drug for. So… anxiety sleeplessness n the symptoms you’re  reporting. These symptoms are expected they do hv an end. It’s a matter of pushing thru w support until the worst of the symptoms pass. But there’s dangers to Benzo wd by yourself n that is seizure.  It is very good that your bro is around. Do not think you’re going crazy cuz that’s NOT what’s happening. It’s benzo wd. It sucks but it’s worth getting off. I am so happy I did. It was def worth the push.

Will be thinking about you 🙏

[7b...]

temazepam is Restoril and is considered a SHORT half-life benzo, not long half-life.  Only about 3.5 to 10 hours.  I used to take it, so I know it's true.  Here's info. about Restoril:

https://www.drugs.com/ppa/temazepam.html

Depends on ur source, your link at Drugs.com said 3-18hrs. It’s not that relevant Dom. It also depends on ur metabolism. It just refers to when the most severe of wd symptoms might appear. You just hv to get help as you need it to push thru. If you can’t make it on what you hv there are plenty of places to look for additional help if it’s too painful. I was looking at the time line for that particular drug. It’s diff for everybody.

My posts aren't getting posted.

On the upper left hand side of your window, just underneath your profile you'll see the words Home>>Help>>Search, you'll also see Profile.  If you'll click on that on the left hand side you'll see Show Posts, these are all the posts you've written, your posts are being published as soon as you post them.

Dom,

Would you consider a liquid taper? A buddie named Meowie tapered temazapam this way and was successful,  if you could look up her posts, you can find her directions. The good news is that temazapam is the lowest potency of all benzos!!