Benzo Free first time in 9 years Today!

[Di...]

Buddies,

Thank you for everyone that helped me get to this point. I am officially benzo free after 9 years of usage. I don't quite know how I feel yet, but I'll say since I did a 4 month micro taper I don't feel too bad at the moment symptom wise.

I am so excited to finally move on with my life.

Thank you to Jana for helping me a long time ago and to Pamster who has pointed me to good resources on this site.

Thank you.

I don't have a lot of posts, because honestly the forums scared the hell out of me. I started on here to get directions on how to start and then tried to look as little as possible.

For those of you that are still struggling, you are brave, and you will make it. Just give it some time. I personally feel much wiser and kinder after going through an experience none of my friends of family understand.

Congratulations on your freedom DigitalRob, I was like you, I couldn't log in very often but it sure helped to know I wasn't alone.  I agree this process helped me become more compassionate towards those who suffer, it's a very humbling experience.

I hope you'll share your Gabapentin journey with us too, there are many who need to come off of that one as well and seeing how others have done it helps.

Pamster,

Unfortunately Gabapentin has been much worse so far. I wouldn't have believed that if I didn't experience it myself. I'm going to do a lot of research and some testing as I'm amazed to be this bad off from the Gabapentin.

Congratulations, DigitalRob!  May your healing be swift and your life be full of joy and wonderful experiences moving forward.